• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Clam/bolt on Bucket Forks

Airedale

I would like to have a set of pallet forks for my SS. I was wondering if anyone has any experience with the clamp/bolt on Bucket Forks. They are less money but to me they look like a good way to bend your bucket. I hate it when thay happens.:mad:

Is a pallet fork something you use more than expected if it is setting there waiting for the light bult to come on. Or do they make a good catalyst for emergency room visit stories? I just spent $10,000.00 on a shoulder surgery if they are I should probably save up for a while.:D

Airedale

CRAFT

Occupation
30 yrs Owner/Operator
Well I guess it all depends on what you are doing .... Ran a Cat 4x4 backhoe few years ago that had them on there ... it was ok but I wouldn't jump off a bridge for them.... remember you are loosing lift capacity with both on at the same time ...... and they are also moving the weight more forward of the machine too. I have 2 different set sets of forks that I use 4' & 8' long forks, I'll post a eg. pic to show you why 8' ... there are a ton of diff makers of forks, my smaller (shorter) ones are way to handy, the have the ability to remove the to tall (most of the time)guard on top ..... just a small insight

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 929

Airedale

Now that is a reason to get a good set of forks! Portable storage buildings!!!!!

Thanks, for the idea and pic.

Airedale

Airedale

90plow:

I thought that might be the case. I want to be able to load 2,000 to 2,500lbs pallets of lime and that is about what my SS is rated at. I will start looking for a set of forks.

Thanks,

Airedale

wilddanz71

just bought a set off of ebay brand new for $525 delivered to my door! The only problem was that they did not fit my jcb to well, so the seller gave me $100 refund so I could alter them to work. not a bad deal!!

Directional

I never had a set of forks till earlier this summer, and now that i have them, i find myself using them quite often. I put a lot of stuff on pallets now, and it sure makes it easy to move it around. Get a dedicated set, always handy to have.