1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

Chip trucks/trailers etc.

Discussion in 'Forestry Equipment' started by Hayesno1, Feb 10, 2014.

1. camptramp

camptramp Senior Member

Retired Logger Retired Part time pebble hauler
    Jeet Sangara , Hearsey Transport . scan123.jpg scan124.jpg scan125.jpg scan127.jpg

2. camptramp

camptramp Senior Member

Jeet Sangara , Doman Transport , 1972 . scan129  May 1972.jpg scan130.jpg scan131.jpg scan132  May 22 ,1972.jpg

Strazza and 72hayes like this.
  3. camptramp

camptramp Senior Member

Jeet Sangara , D scan133.jpg scan134.jpg scan135.jpg scan136.jpg scan137.jpg oman Transport .

4. camptramp

camptramp Senior Member

Jeet Sangara , Doman Transport . scan138.jpg scan139.jpg scan140.jpg scan141.jpg scan145.jpg

5. camptramp

camptramp Senior Member

Jeet Sangara , Shown are are some of the AMT model trucks Jeet has built . scan69.jpg scan70.jpg scan71.jpg scan72.jpg

6. camptramp

camptramp Senior Member

Jeet Sangara , Doman Transport . scan146.jpg scan149.jpg scan150.jpg scan151.jpg scan152.jpg

7. camptramp

camptramp Senior Member

Jeet Sangara , Doman Transport . scan153.jpg scan154.jpg scan155.jpg scan156.jpg scan159.jpg

8. camptramp

camptramp Senior Member

Jeet Sangara , Doman Transport . scan160.jpg scan161.jpg scan162.jpg scan163.jpg scan164.jpg

9. camptramp

camptramp Senior Member

Jeet Sangara , Doman Transpoert . scan165.jpg scan166.jpg scan167.jpg

10. camptramp

camptramp Senior Member

Jeet Sangara , Doman Transport . scan168.jpg scan169.jpg scan170.jpg scan171.jpg scan172.jpg

11. camptramp

camptramp Senior Member

Jeet Sangara , Doman Transport . scan173.jpg scan174.jpg scan175.jpg scan176.jpg Duncan B.C.

12. camptramp

camptramp Senior Member

Jeet Sangara , Doman Transport . scan178.jpg scan179.jpg scan180.jpg scan181.jpg scan182.jpg

13. camptramp

camptramp Senior Member

Jeet Sangara , Doman Transport , Duncan B.C. scan183.jpg scan184.jpg scan185.jpg scan188.jpg scan189.jpg

14. camptramp

camptramp Senior Member

Jeet Sangara , Doman Transport . scan190.jpg scan191.jpg scan192.jpg scan193.jpg scan194.jpg

Last edited: Sep 15, 2016
  15. camptramp

camptramp Senior Member

Jeet Sangara , Doman Transport . scan195.jpg scan196.jpg scan197.jpg scan198.jpg scan199.jpg

72hayes likes this.
  16. camptramp

camptramp Senior Member

Jeet Sangara , Doman Transport . scan200.jpg scan201.jpg scan202.jpg scan203.jpg

17. 72hayes

72hayes Well-Known Member

road builder
  18. HDX

HDX Senior Member

The two I dogged from day one were 272 and 273. They were parked down at the old CPR ferry terminal in Nanaimo for a long time on weekends We would come out of camp friday nite and first thing saturday morning I would always swing by and scope them out Sadly 273 was totaled in a motor vehicle accident in Duncan and in July of 1992, 272 came home with me. When the time came to get working on her, I gave up trying to get hold of Herb Doman to get a letter from him giving me permission to repaint her in the original Doman colors--Fawn and Bayview Green with their old Doman decals Just could not get past his secretary OH Well, win some lose some. I will post some of the pictures of her as I went along. I am not sure but 272 might be the sole survivor of that entire fleet. She served them well from May/72 until I bought her from them in July 1992. Blk prince might be able to say if any of the HayMacs are still in service with somebody else. Was funny because every time we were going to Victoria for anything we would always stop at their yard and I would walk into the dispatch shack and as soon as I walked in the dispatcher would laugh and say NO, NOT YET before I even said anything. Great bunch of guys there. We were actually sitting in the Village Green Restaurant and the big wrecker from down that way went by hauling all the Hearsey Trucks over to Harpers Scrap yard to be cut up. We made a mad dash over there but they said NO the trucks could not be sold or saved.They HAD TO BE CUT UP!!! They did agree to allow me a 2 hour window to remove what I could if I came back on the following saturday. Needless to say I was there BUT alas they were already well on their way to crushing them. We did however notice that there was one survivor and that was one of the Hearsey, Bull nose Kenworths. Really neat old truck and a real prize for someone to restore. She is still around down there somewhere because the guy that bought her was going to do her up. That was back when Trans Isle was moving into Hearsey's yard on the highway and moving out from down behind the Village Green so that had to be 26-27 years ago. Hope she is still around and either waiting to get done or is at least being worked on In the meantime I will go through 272's photo album.

19. diamondtguy

diamondtguy Senior Member

machine fitter/fabricator
    I had forgotten Hayes made cab overs but I was only 15/16 when its doors closed..Back in the 60's and 70's Lafarge had a big plant in Port Coquitlam (a gravel town at the time)It may have been Coquitlam as Pipeline Road was the border...Anyways Rutledge Sand and Gravel hauled all their gravel and they had a beautifull Bull Nose Kenworth..I really really liked that truck and I have always remembered it.

I look forward to the pics of 272

20. Blk prince

Blk prince Senior Member

Truck driver semi retired
    HDX,yes one cab over still working. Sad condition though. Gerry Doman has it for a yard dog moving chip trailers around. Think it is a FRT liner though. I saw one original Hay Mack in Astoria Oregon around2001. Sat in a yard near dockyards. Number 791. Had a very narrow sleeper. Was still Doman colors