• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Chinese rotary crusher bucket

antpoo

IMG_2514.PNG IMG_2710.JPG hello all,

I have recently purchased a crusher bucket from China. My rake bucket and thumb were very good so I decided to make another purchase. The bucket has arrived, but no instructions. It has 3 hydraulic hoses, 2 I assume for each motor and one for return to tank or relief?

I was hoping to plumb to the bi directional hydraulic thumb using a T-joiner and a ball valve to stop flow to thumb. But then I realised there are 2 pressure pipes for the crusher and 1 smaller diameter. It seems so simple, yet confuses me.

Does anybody know how I should go about connecting the crusher bucket?
I will be sure to let you all know of its capabilities once operational.

My machine is a JCBjs240

Thanks and regards
Andy,

antpoo

Ok so the 2 big hoses are inlet and outlet, the small is return. However , the hydraulic thumb only appears to have an inlet and outlet, no return? Would this mean I have to create a full return line back to tank, or is there another hose that can be tapped into?

Thanks again.

Andy

AusDave

Occupation
Self employed
Hi antpoo.
It does seem like you need to put in a return to tank line for the case drain if your machine doesn't have one. You often need this line on devices with a hydraulic motor to stop drain pressure blowing seals. Obviously this is not a problem with a thumb. If your machine has a switch/valve to go from hammer flow to two way flow it will give you an idea where to tap the return to tank as hammer flow is usually return to tank on the outlet line.
Interested in the crusher bucket. What material can it handle? Hard rock or softer items like concrete? Keep us posted on how it goes.
Where are you located in Australia?
Regards AusDave

antpoo

Hi Ausdave

Yes after much research I have found out what to do and it is as you have described. I plan to make the case drain hose return to tank via one of these capped inlets in photo. Do you think that would be ok?

I have yet to use so I can't give you any information yet on the crushing ability. I told the engineers I needed to crush demo waste and up to 4 inch clean concrete. If it can fulfil this purpose I will be a happy man.

I also plan to crush all my timber materials, architraves, skirting boards, doors etc to obtain a greater payload in the semi trailer.

I'm am a bit concerned about pressure relief however. Do you think pressure relief will need to be adjusted to avoid damaging pump when crushing? The thumb is slightly reduced pressure than bucket ram as it is, but is that enough. The manufacturer gives no specs on this matter.

Regards
Andy

Attachments

• IMG_2731.JPG
    IMG_2731.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 39

AusDave

Occupation
Self employed
Hi Andy.
Those capped inlets look like the place to tap into. I assume they enter the tank via the filter to catch any nasties?
As far as the pressure requirements of the crusher drive motor, I would see if you can determine the make and model of the drive motor and from there find out its capabilities. You may even find you have to turn the pressure up a bit if the drive motor requires it to get a good output from the crusher. You just need the drive motor specs to be sure.
Looking forward to hearing how it all goes. I do a bit of crushing of masonry material myself when I do demolition work, and recycle the crushings as roadbase.
I'm on the NSW South Coast.
Regards AusDave

antpoo

Hmm, I may have to attach a filter to the line before it goes into one of those inlets.

This crusher bucket looks awfully similar to Allu crusher buckets. Plenty of you tube footage, but nothing that really shows its capabilities. Certainly I have not seen any videos of these buckets crushing concrete.

There are a couple of good videos showing it making short work of brick and tiles however.

I plan to take good video footage for others to help them in their decision making.

My main goal is to limit transport and disposal costs. I estimate I can save $3000 per job if this bucket does what I hope it can.

South coast NSW is one of the best places in Oz,, I was born in Batemans Bay.

AusDave

Occupation
Self employed
Hi Andy.
By the looks of your photo that return to tank pipe looks like it may go through an in tank filter. I think if you took the black round lid off adjoining the return pipe you hopefully will see a filter which has the return pipe leading into it. Check it and see. It's common for tank return circuits to return via a filter to stop debris getting through the system. Look forward to the bucket test.
Yeah, the South Coast is pretty good. I'm in the Jervis Bay area.
Regards AusDave

Tones

Occupation
Ex land clearing contractor, part-time retired
I would be inclined to put a separate filter on the casedrain line before it gets to the tank.When a hydraulic motor craps itself alot of stuff can be floating through the system.
Far Sth Coast is one of gems of Oz, great place, great people mostly.:)

antpoo

Update, Sheesh, the stress Trying to set up an acceptable auxiliary hydraulic circuit to operate crusher bucket and thumb. I got a 3 way valve for $250 each, the only problem, the T is not in the most efficient position. Instead of allowing a straight through flow for the crusher bucket motors, the T valve direct flow either left or right only, thus forcing all flow through a 90 degree bend.

To make flow matters worse I didn't see any other option but to add a quick coupler to minimise oil loss when switching back and forth. The quick coupler was 7mm too long and when the bucket link arm retracts fully it just clips the quick coupler . I damaged valve and now it leaks.

I fear the 90 degree turn in conjunction with the quick coupler may put undue stress on the system by increasing pressure and cavitation. This is why hammers have straight through flow. Not an option for me at my current level of expertise. Total cost of the valves, quick couplers and case drain return line, $1200.

Did some initial crushing of wooden doors and it seemed effectiveIMG_0006.JPG in reducing it to a more pulpy product.
Went to crush brick yesterday but realised when the link hit the quick coupler it bent it ever so slightly so I could not re-connect. I have since filed away the dent, and it couples again so hopefully I can try some brick crushing on Monday. The amount of tracking over brick seems to have been far more effective at crushing them than this bucket has been. Hopefully things will improve.

antpoo

Update

Have made new 3 way valve using a 45 degree bend to place valve away from danger.

Crusher bucket operates hooray. Does a great job with brick, tile , rock and light concrete for 4 hours before bearings **** themselves on top roller.

Just find out today that they do not grease at factory due to export shipping restrictions!!

WTF?!

The Chinese company to their credit is sending new bearings but I have to install myself.

I hope anybody considering purchasing a crusher bucket from China or another foreign country is taking notes, as this is a very expensive and stupid occursnce.

AusDave

Occupation
Self employed
Hi Andy.
Sorry to hear of your experience with the bearings. I have had a few items from China, India etc and the first thing I do is check adjustable items, tighten all the bolts etc, (don't these places have torque wrenches?), then I lubricate everything with good grease/oil. Then it should go well for a reasonable time with good maintenance.
Keen to see a video of the crusher when you get it going again to see the throughput.
Regards AusDave

antpoo

Will try post video today. It crushed from dust to generally 4-5 inch minus, but occasionally I would see a whole paver slip out the end unscathed. It did not like the granite rocks that were accidently scooped up, but at times with reversing the flow back and forth it crushed them before I realised that it was granite rock.

It crushed a full bucket load every 30-40 secs. I only got 5 hours use before bearings gave way, possibly due to the granite rocks combined with no grease.

clintm

Occupation
trucking,concrete recycling,grading, demolition
the allu buckets use a rotary type motor you have to be real careful and use only low flow and pressure or they will blow out easy