• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Check this D11R

ben46a

Is that one of the few 1/8 scale models that IMC/scout technologies was tooling up to build? I know they got about 10 of them out. We ordered one but nothing ever became o it as they kept running out of mney, that was 15 years ago or more..... Still have a VHS of it here somewhere.

Northart

Working scale models

Hello Ben46a,

That is what I was thinking, but , it looks to small to be 1/8th scale.

Man, that must be a one of a kind. Too bad somebody does not produce them. I certainly would buy one. :)

That was realistic , even the sounds ! :usa

385c JR ; Thanks for making an appropriate Christmas post . :drinkup:):):)

Andyinchville

Occupation
Lawn Maintenance / Property Development
Wow....That must have taken awhile to build if it was a one off custom....I suppose one could buy one of those Mabatrack loaders and build from there BUT that would still take a lot of time. Nice Tho!!

Andrew

637slayer

Occupation
scraper hand
that was cool, if i could afford it ide buy one.

Per Eriksson

There's a swede that built a Cat 988B loader that is really cool, he used to drive himself around in the bucket on some of the machine trade shows here.

It can dig really well too.

I'll see if I can find some photo's of it on the net.

doncampbell

Occupation
snowplowing/lawncare
Wow !,
That is very NEAT !!
I wonder if he would RC this model I made , it would be cool as a working model.

Attachments

• silverspadepainted6.jpg
    silverspadepainted6.jpg
    138.5 KB · Views: 1,727
  • spadeboomsteps2.jpg
    spadeboomsteps2.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 1,662
  • SilverSpadecrawlers.jpg
    SilverSpadecrawlers.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 1,589

stretch

Occupation
gopher
Don, I really must thank you for building the model of the Spade. It truly makes the memory of such a grand machine live on. You certainly did a great job on making it! :thumbsup Did you ever get to see it when it was still around?

doncampbell

Occupation
snowplowing/lawncare
Thanks,
I loved building that monster model of the Silver Spade. The first few weeks I wondered if I had made a mistake taking on such a big model project. Building the boom with the hundreds and hundreds of braces and steps really made me wonder, ha,ha.
But as I built the dipper bucket, I loved the look of it , then raising the boom for the first time, even I was amazed at the enormous size !! I loved the look of it !
I never did get to see the real one , but Steve Netta from Ohio did invite me down to see it just before they cut it up. I have always regretted not going. Steve was also the person responsible for helping me get so much detail on the model with all the photos he sent me.

Attachments

• spadebucket5.jpg
    spadebucket5.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 528

doncampbell

Occupation
snowplowing/lawncare
It was a great project, here is the model I am building today , it's a Cat 966C Loader. I am just working on the bucket now

Attachments

• cat966Cbucket.jpg
    cat966Cbucket.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 531