• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

cheap loader with new technology and joysticks

junior

we are using 955L as they are as cheap as 20K for land clearing here. not bad but i want to buy one bigger with joystick controls. first of all is it a good move to buy a joystick control. do they need repairing much. i mean 955L never need repair or service. it loves oil :) but not anything more than that. and we cant buy 963 or 973 even not joystick ones. because they are very expensive i dont understand why, do you know. but i found 2 choice. 175 HP Fiathitachi FL175 and 220 HP mercedes engined Liebherr LR641 with 3 cubicmeter bucket and 5 shank ripper on it i found. Both are joystick controled loader. Not same but seems like below

http://www.machinerytrader.com.tr/listingsdetail/detail.aspx?OHID=6384955

http://www.europe-machinery.com/used/Crawler-loader/905626/liebherr-lr641.html

i dont know if it is not true but hear that liebherr is better. very good for all, steering and controls are very good. is it true. but hear that the mercedes engine in it is a problem engine and always need repair. true?

i think about them because they are cheap machines 3 or 4 times cheaper than a 963 and more than a 973. why they are so cheap or cats are so expensive. both has same technology.

stumpjumper83

Occupation
Movin dirt
If a 955L wasn't cuttin it, I'd consider these options. 977L, or a 953 / 963. I think that you will find that the newer b&c series cats are much more nimble, therefore productive than the 55&77.

I can't say as I'd go fiat or liebherr though just to get joysticks. I think many would say that both are a step in the wrong direction as for reliability on a used machine, although proper maintence is more of a factor than hours or brands after 10 years.