• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Chat Room Open!!

Steve Frazier

Founder
Staff member
Our Tech installed a chat room today for everyone's use. There's an icon for it in the list of functions at the top of the page. The room is only open to HEF members and your screen name should appear when you enter. Enjoy!!

Steve Frazier

Founder
Staff member
You'll need a recent version of Java to open the room, you'll get a permission box that pops up. Approve the use of Java, then wait. The room will load and you should be able to get started.

Ross

Anybody using this feature?

You'll need a recent version of Java to open the room, you'll get a permission box that pops up. Approve the use of Java, then wait. The room will load and you should be able to get started.

Yeah i should have been more patient. Working great now :drinkup

Ross

cat d9

Occupation
manager and general FO in general
chat doesn't seem to work for me today, it has worked in the past but no more.

Deere9670

Occupation
Farm equipment operator
Me too, I can't get on the chat either! It says not able to connect java somthing? I have the latest download of java, and vista 2007, so all my ubdates are in place. Please Help!

cat d9

Occupation
manager and general FO in general
Still no worky, says failed to connect or something like that, my short term memory is bad.:beatsme

Colin Doy

I was never going to get in......Bill Gates himself couldn't talk me into it.....:beatsme.......I'll write ya'll a letter! :drinkup

BrianHay

Here is the error I get, hope it helps

Unable to connect : java.net.ConnectException : Connection refused: connect

I used to be able to get in no problem but there was never anyone in there...it would tell me there was 6 or 8 users online but I couldn't see anyone?

Deere9670

Occupation
Farm equipment operator
Here is the error I get, hope it helps

Unable to connect : java.net.ConnectException : Connection refused: connect

I used to be able to get in no problem but there was never anyone in there...it would tell me there was 6 or 8 users online but I couldn't see anyone?

thats what i keep getting!

joe901

Occupation
Skid Steer operator
joe901

whattup with the chat room ? damn good idea if only it worked. still getting same messages about cant connect or sumtin.

Steve Frazier

Founder
Staff member
It's on out "to do" list. The population of HEF has exploded recently which has created several other problems that have to be a priority in order to keep the Board running. Once they are straightened out we can focus on the chat room. Sorry for the inconvenience.