• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Champion with 8400 trans. clutch

Welder Dave

I read an older thread from mtrgrader that said to periodically adjust the clutch so it doesn't wear out prematurely. Grader is a 1886 730A. It has the earlier version brake and clutch that uses Dot 3 fluid. I think it might slip a little bit. The machine wants to move slightly when the clutch is fully depressed and you put it in gear. When I was doing a hard push and couldn't push any more it didn't stall. I was thinking maybe a clutch adjustment would be a good idea. The machine will usually spin the tires but not always.

Welder Dave

Thanks, I should check the fluid level too. The brakes are obvious when the fluid is low. Now I remember it did stall a couple times because I remember the clutch pedal was really hard to push and as soon as I started the grader back up, the clutch pedal went right to the floor because I was pushing on it.