• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Champion 710A no hydraulics after parking.

James Sorochan

Occupation
x-water & sewer construction Now farmer.
Went to start up machine yesterday to find no hydraulics. Serial no 710A-157-514-18794-88. It was running good a couple weeks ago then it sat. Weather was cold for a bit then warmed up to around 0 celcius when I started it. Everything is operational except hydraulics. Hydraulic oil was a little low so I topped it off to no avail. Am I looking for a electrical issue? Not sure where to start. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Attachments

• EE5C990F-84CA-4AD6-AF9E-133E791FB468.jpeg
    EE5C990F-84CA-4AD6-AF9E-133E791FB468.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 14

HATCHEQUIP

We got one we use on the farm every once in a blue moon 720 A and it started doing the same thing if it sets for a long time make sure the suction hoses are good and clamps are tight ours has got enough wear in the pump that it doesnt want to pick up oil took the breather out of the tank and put a hose on it and put a little air pressure on it [a little] and the pump picks it up and away she goes . But check those hoses and clamps first.

DB2

Nothing electrical on those systems. Does it have the pump driven off the front of the crankshaft via a short shaft? If so check the integrity of the splines to make sure everything is turning properly.

James Sorochan

Occupation
Yes, the pump is driven off the crankshaft. It seems to be turning fine from what I can see. I will take the pressure washer and clean the area off and inspect the hoses and clamps and tighten them up if needed. Thanks Guys.

Mike85

We had a similar issue with our grader. It would loose prime as the hydraulic tank was lower than the pump. I usually just poured oil in the suction tube If it had sat for a while

James Sorochan

Occupation
Hi everyone. Tried pressuring up the hydraulic tank with air tank with machine running and got nothing. Had a second person in cab pulling lift cylinders back. I'll probably cut into the hydraulic filter tomorrow and check it for metal. The machine is 200 feet from shop so I might pick up the front end with excavator and walk it over to shop so I can wash the rear end off around the pump.

James Sorochan

Occupation
I see the drive shaft spinning. I was reading the Sierra park link with all the different manuals and it shows the the pump as a three section unit with the steering pump section on the outer section. Steering is functioning fine.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-12-12 at 9.17.38 PM.jpeg
    Screen Shot 2021-12-12 at 9.17.38 PM.jpeg
    25.5 KB · Views: 8

Coaldust

Occupation
Cargo Tanks, ULSD, RUG, Methanol, LPG
Cold weather sure plays havoc on gear. The water is the hydraulic reservoir came out of suspension and froze on the bottom, blocking the supply. Warm up the old girl and and everything will work fine.

I seen’t it !!

James Sorochan

Occupation
Yes. The machine has steering and according to the info I see online that pump is the outside pump with shaft going through the three segments. To me that tells me the shaft is not sheared or splines wore out.

James Sorochan

Occupation
Until I wash that pump area off I don't really know how many pumps are stacked together. There is also a pump under the injection pump that I have no idea what it controls?

James Sorochan

Occupation
The first and second pictures are from rear of machine. The third is under injection pump.

Attachments

• IMG_4791.jpeg
    IMG_4791.jpeg
    71.9 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_4792.jpeg
    IMG_4792.jpeg
    89.1 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_4789.jpeg
    IMG_4789.jpeg
    58 KB · Views: 16