• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

center point suspension lift axle

clintm

Occupation
trucking,concrete recycling,grading, demolition
brain storming. for years I have fought with the rear axle on center point trailer suspensions dragging the tires when empty it don't seem to matter how easy you try to apply the brakes they still end up dragging.in the past I have backed the brakes off on the rear axle but then it will not pass inspection. have also heard about putting a pressure regulator on the rear axle but if some thing ever happen and it was found it would not be good. So while driving one this week and constantly see the rear tires smoke in the mirror why not make one axle lift .been searching the internet seen that pitts log trailers has a center point lift option but can't find any pics or info about it does any one have any ideas

Super S

The trailers I've seen with a lift axle have a bracket above the axle with an air bag that airs up when unloaded. Some are attached to the axle with a chain. One manufacturer has it pushing the back axle down to lift the front axle off the ground. Most log trailer manufacturers have the lift axle option on new trailers. I've seen some dump trailers running with an axle lifted. Can probably find pictures if you look around a little. Sorry if I'm a little vague but we haven't had trouble out of that on our trailers other than an airbag every blue moon.

clintm

Occupation
thanks I tried google but no luck so far i will try to call pitts trailers this week. I can fab something up just trying to cut down on the trial and error time .

clintm

Occupation
what brand is your trailer's that have single point with lift. I have never seen anything aftermarket or even advertised I have been running this suspension for over 25 years.

FSERVICE

lowboy trailers have done this for years!! look at Fointain I don't think I spelled that right... also look at aluminum grain trailers the new ones have a lift axle on the front & leave the back axle down..

clintm

Occupation
yeah with air ride it's pretty simple just dump the air in the bags chain the axle up and cut the air off to that axle. I've done lowboys that way. but I am talking about a single point or walking beam type suspension. did call pitts trailer they said that everybody was in a production meeting said that they got their suspension's from wastson chanlin but somebody would call me back no one did. called waston chanlin not much help said they did offer something years ago but wanted model and serial number no help