• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Center Pin Life on 544E

BenH

I'm wondering what expected life of center pins are. I'm looking at 544E that was a state owned unit, has 8,800 hrs on it. It's in really good condition, but I'm wondering if I'd be looking at new center pins soon. I'm sure it varies some, just trying to get a general idea.

Also, does anyone have experience we state owned machines? It seems like they may not get used tons, just loading gravel and pushing snow.

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
Center joints depend on the frequency that greasing is done. Earlier Deere loaders usually went somewhere just over 6,000 hours. I think newer ones have gotten better. Can't comment on state machines in general, especially since I border on the Pacific side of the country.

heymccall

I've got 23,000 hr 544GTC machines, all on original center pins and bushings (actually all original pins and bushes). Sure, there's a little play in all of them, but non are objectionably worn. Greased occasionally, and run hard, all three loaders.