• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

cel phone

truklodyte

Occupation
equipment opp
Today one of my one arm bandit garbage collectors was inches from death.Some of you don't know what a one arm bandit looks like its a garbage truck that is operated from a standing position on the right side of truck.My driver was driving down the road when a women chatting on cel phone ran a stop sign.
Jimmy my driver hit the horn then braced for impact. Car stopped with in inches of cutting him in half. All the women could say was sorry. She thoroughly scared the brown stuff out of him.Warn people about safe use of a cel phones and texting it could kill.

tonka

Occupation
Equipment Operator
My buddy Nick, had a girl hit him in his Pete, while she was texting and driving 70mph in a 45 zone. She died upon impact...i guess her text was worth her life!!!!

truklodyte

Occupation
equipment opp
Why can't these people understand ? Either use a hands free or get off the dam road to text.No message is worth loosing a life over .
I have seen women doing make-up,men reading books and newspapers,Teens talking and texting and the occasional few that fall asleep.
I was doing a job on route 3 in Massachuettes at night in 1986. She hit the guard rail doing 70 mph missed the arrow board .Hit the truck pulling arrow board . She wedged the car between the tandem rear end and the dump body. The asphalt chute was in the steering wheel.She was drunk fell asleep and if she had seat belt on she would have lost her head. Being drunk passed out is the only thing kept that from killing her.Totaled the dump truck oddly enough her car was repairable.