• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cats D7 E (electric) Feed Back????

Aussie Leroy

Just looking for feed back on the electric Dozer CATS D7E,how are they going with this dozer are the owners of these machines happy or sad is the unit good or bad ???

Lee-online

we have sold 3-4 in our area and the owners love them. A couple of our rental units seem to alway be out so that is a good sign.

Only had a waterpump issue with one of them.

SidewinderGlenn

Occupation
IUOE #132
I had a chance to jump on one just to make a couple of passes on a dump site a while back. Hated looking for the rocker switch for forward/reverse ... & hated not having a decel pedal. Should have been pretty easy to make the steering grip roll for forward/reverse & to have a decel pedal to slow down at the end of a spoil bank push. Wasn't impressed !
Glenn

Khileman

It is a great machine and is very torquey. We demoed one two or three months ago and it was out pushing my 155's and D8T. It was 145 hp the D8T is 310hp and the 155's are 365hp. Bad thing it is high as graft P*&&Y. I think it was 50k or 60k less that a my D8T. 510K i think or was it 410K can't remember. But I would know better if it was demoed with a coal blade. Just had the standard semi-u blade. I have to keep a certain TPH by contract and the coal blade was 18 yds I think. But the operator fought over it nice big cab and and the way it never bogged down. The RPM's stayed at 1800 non stop no matter the load.