1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

Cats are soooo expensive compared to kubota. What’s the reason?

Discussion in 'Compact Excavators' started by zeroo, Nov 18, 2022.

1. Oxbow

Oxbow Senior Member

From Cat's perspective, if they are sold out and awaiting new arrivals, they aren't in a position to need to drop prices.

Mark250 and Nige like this.
  2. CM1995

CM1995 Administrator

Running what I brung and taking what I win
    Well I hope not. Our Cat 279D's have been more dependable than the many, many Bobcats I have owned over the years. We just don't have any major issues with them.

279D 01 is a 2016 with over 3K hours and all its had replaced is the hydro bucket latch cylinder and an alternator. This 279 has the electric over hydraulic cylinder that is prone to failure.

279D 02 is a 2019 with over 1500 hours on it and all its had replaced is an alternator.

2018 305E bought used has been a great machine other than replacing a hydro line, all we've had to do is service, fuel and grease it.

Back to the OP's question -

In my market Kubota is priced similarly with Cat if not more but I've been a Cat customer for 20 years albeit a small one so that has something do to with it. Our Kubota dealer is not very big and more geared to the "Gentlemen Farmers" that want a compact tractor with a front loader and RTV to ride around their 20 acres.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2022 at 8:57 PM
    John C., Nige, Rihpper and 4 others like this.
  3. Mark13

Mark13 Senior Member

I did my purchase back before everything was hard to get and the 306 was fairly new to the market. Now I'm amazed when any dealer has something but at that time every dealer had equipment lined up on the lot.

John C. and Oxbow like this.
  4. CM1995

CM1995 Administrator

Running what I brung and taking what I win
    FWIW I asked my salesman today the lead time on a 325 Next Gen and he said they had 2 in stock a week ago.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2022 at 10:21 PM
  5. Mark13

Mark13 Senior Member

I know our local Cat dealers have since been bought out and hopefully things have improved. The previous owners I think ran under the principal of it's their territory so even if you don't like them you still are in their territory so to bad. I haven't been in the market for anything new lately but their parts/service side was greatly helpful for my 953, quite surprising compared to what I was expecting my experience to be like.

CM1995, John C. and Oxbow like this.