• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Caterpillar to purchase Bucyrus International

shovelman

Dirt Hauler,

Unfortunately, there is no "mining" category on HEF.

It was not my intention to be redundant, so hopefully a moderator can simply remove this post? Thanks

DirtHauler

Occupation
Heavy Highway Dirt Hauler
Dirt Hauler,

Unfortunately, there is no "mining" category on HEF.

It was not my intention to be redundant, so hopefully a moderator can simply remove this post? Thanks

yeah, i think of other as mining
Heavy Equipment Forums > Earthmoving Equipment > Other Earthmoving Equipment :drinkup :drinkup

good thing is maybe more people will see it now, CAT is spending TONS of money in the last 6 months, they bought EMD locomotive division from General Motors too.

alco

If it's actually approved, I wouldn't shocked to learn a few months later that Cat was selling the trucks and underground equipment to Joy Global.

I'd actually be very surprised to see them sell the Unit Rig line to Joy. That would simply mean more competition for their new electric line. I think we're far more likely to see them discontinue the Unit Rig line and sell off the rights to manufacture replacement parts for them.

good thing is maybe more people will see it now, CAT is spending TONS of money in the last 6 months, they bought EMD locomotive division from General Motors too.

Just to clarify, Cat did not buy EMD from General Motors. GM sold EMD a few years ago to an equity company, and Cat bought EMD from them.