• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Caterpillar Hand Tools

crane operator

The ratchets in the picture- the bottom one is a rebranded williams s-52/53 superratchet.

The other ones are rebranded williams/ old snap on style/ ratchets, with a lower tooth count than the new snap ratchets.

I personally like the williams stuff. I just bought two of their screwdriver sets for my girls tool sets I'm giving them for Christmas. They have the old square black hard handles that snap on used to use. USA made and not a bad price - I think they were around $55.

https://www.amazon.com/Williams-100P-8MD-8-Piece-Premium-Screwdriver/dp/B002NH5F30?th=1

williams screwdrivers.jpg

JLarson

Occupation
Owner- civil and heavy repair/fab company
We've always looked at the Cat tools and shop equipment like buying from Mcmaster Carr. Not quite sure what brand you'll be getting but it'll be something decent.

mekanik

These are my only Cat tools. They are not Snap-on.
They look a lot like my Proto wrenches that I bought in the 1980's.
I acquired them in the mid to late 1990's.

5ly0Ife.jpg

Bluox

These are my only Cat tools. They are not Snap-on.
They look a lot like my Proto wrenches that I bought in the 1980's.
I acquired them in the mid to late 1990's.

5ly0Ife.jpg
Several years ago I ordered 4 slugging wrenches from Snap On and I got 2 snap On and 2 Williams.
The dealer said we own Williams now.
Dealer said Williams had always made those for Snap On and gave me a Williams catalog.
These wrenches are the same as Williams metrics and their shiny AF wrenches are the same as the ones Cmark showed.
My son worked for Cat and when they replaced some of his wrenches he got Snap on in cat bags with Cat part numbers.
So I guess what you get from Cat depends on what they get.
Bob