1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

Caterpillar dual d9 pushing scrapers

Discussion in 'Scrapers' started by muckshifter631c, Feb 5, 2013.

1. cat3208

cat3208 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info! :popcorn:popcorn

2. Randy88

Randy88 Senior Member

Thanks for the pictures and explaination guys, and johan7 welcome to the forum.

3. Truck 505

Truck 505 Well-Known Member

I got a few pics of the back half of Coppage's DD9G. They were running the front dozer by itself because the back dozer busted a final drive.

Attached Files:

4. johan7

johan7 Active Member

Thanks Truck 505 for the interesting pics ! By studying the pics I came to some questions :
    - I notice the instruments for the pony motor on the dashboard , but there is no pony . Did they make a change-over to electric start ?
    - There is that weight transfer ram missing . Is that original or was it removed ? I know that on later machines this ram was dropped .
    Johan7

5. Truck 505

Yes it was converted to electric start and yes they removed the weight transfer ram.

6. monster76

monster76 Senior Member

Contractor
    that is pretty cool

7. X Quad Operator

X Quad Operator Well-Known Member

You know I saw my first set of Quads in 1962, fell in love with them then, and I'm still in love with them now. I was fortunate to run Scarsella Brothers in the middle 60's for three years, on the 395 job for them. Its nice to see that video on YouTube even though the operator could of worked a little closer, I mean picking up the scrapers a little faster. But it still nice to see some of the contractors are still enjoying the DD9G's and H's. Later, Mike Nebergall.

8. glenlunberg

glenlunberg Senior Member

Supervisor
    Pretty photos and video here. Just wondering what is the information of the engine of it?

9. Truck 505

I was back to the job the double 9's are at and got a couple pics of the front tractor.

Attached Files:

10. JTL

JTL Senior Member

IUOE Local 302
    How are they getting away with not having a ROPS on the front Cat?

11. Greg

Greg Senior Member

Excavating Contractor
    I could be grandfathered in.

12. lozenger1967

lozenger1967 Member

scrapers

interesting reading about scrapers & pushes, my farther claim to fame is he was in the caterpillar film one turn of the earth filmed in the 60's he is on D9 pushing 657 scrapers in the UK, was still operating until he was 75 years of age, he is 80 now still mad to do a shift

13. Gavin84w

Gavin84w Senior Member

That is a very good fillum, i have a copy of it. Lots of Aussie stuff in it too.

14. X Quad Operator

X Quad Operator Well-Known Member

You might like this.

Gavin, Good morning. I would think you dudes on the Heavy Equipment forums.com might enjoy this. Here in the United States, in Bakersfield California, at the Famoso drag strip it the winter nationals. Its all nostalgia, Funny Cars, AA fuel cars, and lots, and lots, and lots of fantastic antique street cars. Go to www.bangshift.com on your computers today. I would think 9:00 a.m. California time. I swear to God, you'll enjoy this. Saturday night they're having 80 nostalgia drag racing cars, every famous car ever built, that has been resurrected, duplicated or re-built will be there live on The Bangshift.com website. Its called a Cackle-Fest. They should be talking about it today, on the live broadcast on you computer. Saturday night on Bangshift.com I would think around 6 pm pst they would be starting the cackle-fest portion of the event and I think you guys on the forum would really enjoy that. Gavin would you post this for me - I couldn't figure out how to start a new post. Let me know how you guys like this (remember Friday, Saturday and Sunday drag racing on Bangshift.com) Mike Nebergall

15. lozenger1967

lozenger1967 Member

your right there gavin not a bad film, I was over your neck of the woods a few months back was working at liebherr mining at mt Thorley opposite westracs yard, did a stint at mt Arthur coal there workshops are something else, but sadly had to come back to the uk. just missed the bush fires by the looks of it.

16. tireman

tireman Senior Member

Big Brutus was owned by P&M and was in Kansas it's entire working life. Never owned by Peabody.