• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Caterpillar dual d9 pushing scrapers

cat3208

Hello JDOFMEMI , I found a pic of the DD9 with the 2 tractors separated for transport . This work can be done in about 30 minutes . We had the model with the weight transfer system and with the hydraulic ram we could lift the sub-frame to fasten it to the mainframe . As you see the second machine is equipped with a normal seat .
The Netherlands , johan7

Thanks for the info! :popcorn:popcorn

Randy88

Thanks for the pictures and explaination guys, and johan7 welcome to the forum.

Truck 505

I got a few pics of the back half of Coppage's DD9G. They were running the front dozer by itself because the back dozer busted a final drive.

Attachments

• 0807131029.jpg
    0807131029.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 2,033
  • 0807131030.jpg
    0807131030.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 2,086
  • 0807131148.jpg
    0807131148.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 1,732
  • 0807131148a.jpg
    0807131148a.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 1,742

johan7

Thanks Truck 505 for the interesting pics ! By studying the pics I came to some questions :
- I notice the instruments for the pony motor on the dashboard , but there is no pony . Did they make a change-over to electric start ?
- There is that weight transfer ram missing . Is that original or was it removed ? I know that on later machines this ram was dropped .
Johan7

X Quad Operator

You know I saw my first set of Quads in 1962, fell in love with them then, and I'm still in love with them now. I was fortunate to run Scarsella Brothers in the middle 60's for three years, on the 395 job for them. Its nice to see that video on YouTube even though the operator could of worked a little closer, I mean picking up the scrapers a little faster. But it still nice to see some of the contractors are still enjoying the DD9G's and H's. Later, Mike Nebergall.

Truck 505

I was back to the job the double 9's are at and got a couple pics of the front tractor.

Attachments

• 0930131753.jpg
    0930131753.jpg
    129.2 KB · Views: 1,210
  • 0930131752.jpg
    0930131752.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 1,219

Greg

Occupation
Excavating Contractor
I could be grandfathered in.

lozenger1967

scrapers

I could be grandfathered in.

interesting reading about scrapers & pushes, my farther claim to fame is he was in the caterpillar film one turn of the earth filmed in the 60's he is on D9 pushing 657 scrapers in the UK, was still operating until he was 75 years of age, he is 80 now still mad to do a shift

Gavin84w

interesting reading about scrapers & pushes, my farther claim to fame is he was in the caterpillar film one turn of the earth filmed in the 60's he is on D9 pushing 657 scrapers in the UK, was still operating until he was 75 years of age, he is 80 now still mad to do a shift

That is a very good fillum, i have a copy of it. Lots of Aussie stuff in it too.

X Quad Operator

You might like this.

That is a very good fillum, i have a copy of it. Lots of Aussie stuff in it too.

Gavin, Good morning. I would think you dudes on the Heavy Equipment forums.com might enjoy this. Here in the United States, in Bakersfield California, at the Famoso drag strip it the winter nationals. Its all nostalgia, Funny Cars, AA fuel cars, and lots, and lots, and lots of fantastic antique street cars. Go to www.bangshift.com on your computers today. I would think 9:00 a.m. California time. I swear to God, you'll enjoy this. Saturday night they're having 80 nostalgia drag racing cars, every famous car ever built, that has been resurrected, duplicated or re-built will be there live on The Bangshift.com website. Its called a Cackle-Fest. They should be talking about it today, on the live broadcast on you computer. Saturday night on Bangshift.com I would think around 6 pm pst they would be starting the cackle-fest portion of the event and I think you guys on the forum would really enjoy that. Gavin would you post this for me - I couldn't figure out how to start a new post. Let me know how you guys like this (remember Friday, Saturday and Sunday drag racing on Bangshift.com) Mike Nebergall

lozenger1967

your right there gavin not a bad film, I was over your neck of the woods a few months back was working at liebherr mining at mt Thorley opposite westracs yard, did a stint at mt Arthur coal there workshops are something else, but sadly had to come back to the uk. just missed the bush fires by the looks of it.

tireman

Not sure, I was probably 12 or 13 at the time and they were building Hwy 63 went through part of an open pit mine that is now Finger Lakes state park and was created by PeaBody coal, and from some of the research that have done I believe that Big Brutis was the shovel used in that operation. What a contrast! That sure made a D9 look like an ant.

Big Brutus was owned by P&M and was in Kansas it's entire working life. Never owned by Peabody.