• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Caterpillar Diagnostic Equipment

Occupation
farmer, land owner
Glad to see that this worked out well. Good to know that Ebay delivered for your you.

kristi_ruiz

Occupation
Accountant
This Caterpillar Diagnostic Equipment is produces a large variety of construction equipment, such as trucks, bulldozers and high speed diesel engines.

Divad h

Occupation
Diag
2018A Cat ET software as Cat Caterpillar ET 2017A Software update version, 2018A Caterpillar Electronic Technician softwarer With CAT ET 3 Cat caterpillar adapter 3 support caterpillar diagnostic till 2018.

Komike

What ever you do, do not deal with a company called Mektool. They just did me for 1850 USD. They are based in China, won't reply to any emails and with Covid 19 happening they obviously are going to steal my money. Chinese Cunts. Be Warned. Mike.

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
Simple answer. You can't reduce the hours. The hour meter reading is part of the ECM permanent memory (not flash memory unfortunately for you) and the only way to reduce the reading is to replace the ECM complete. It would cost you far more to do this than the Du Pont overhaul that you've just given the machine.

Using either ET or a click box you can increase the hour meter reading. This is for cases where a replacement ECM is fitted to a machine that already has "X" hours. Obviously the hour meter reading from the new ECM is zero, so the system provides that the number can be increased to reflect the true machine hours, "X" as per this example.

Cat obviously thought of people like you when they designed the safeguards of the electronic hourmeter system.
Gee! if anyone out there can figure out how to do it with At ET could I ask that they next work on a simple modification to the software on the computer for my bank? Just need to change the (-) to (+) when I make a withdrawal. All that needs doing is to add a vertical line to the (-), should be an easy change to make!

BertEe

I am using Caterpillar ET 2017C with Caterpillar Communication Adapter 3 and this setup works great.
I bought genuine adapter from CAT and paid around 700$ if I recall right.

Rancher Al

A couple of quick questions: I found a Caterpillar Communication Adapter 2 that comes with compatible ET software. If I purchase it and install the ET software on a PC will it work even though it is not the most current version? Will I need any licenses or subscriptions? I don't regularly work on CAT equipment, but I own/use CAT machines for my business and I would like to learn how to diagnose and repair things myself. Any advice would be appreciated.

tool_king

Occupation
road mechanic owner
A couple of quick questions: I found a Caterpillar Communication Adapter 2 that comes with compatible ET software. If I purchase it and install the ET software on a PC will it work even though it is not the most current version? Will I need any licenses or subscriptions? I don't regularly work on CAT equipment, but I own/use CAT machines for my business and I would like to learn how to diagnose and repair things myself. Any advice would be appreciated.
It will still work but you will have license it and may not work on newer stuff .What software version is it ?

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
It is version 2002A.
A software version that old is not likely to want to communicate with later-model machines. As a ball park say anywhere between 2010-2015 or newer. As ECMs change the communication requirements change and the enhanced communication contained in the newer versions of ET software. Not sure if ET2021 is out yet but I was using ET2020 only a few weeks ago.

Midnightmoon

I've been told perkins com adapter is the same as cat. Does that mean I can read a cat ecu with perkins est or just use use perkins com adapter with the cat software. I've never tried plugging into a cat with perkins. Would this work on a perkapillar ecu.

tool_king

Occupation
road mechanic owner
Will the cat software work on hyundai excavators with mitsubishi engines(basicly a cat) does anyone know?
Cat software will not on Hyundai .The have there own. What model are you working on ? You will need Mitsubishi engine software for the engine.