• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

caterpillar 950Gcaxx02031 is oversea gray market 950Gcaxx00836 is USA

Forger

Howdy All,

I am working on a Caterpillar 950Gcaxx02031 Wheel loader

The boss instructed me to verify the serial number and check it out prepurchase. It was in China and he wanted to know if it was a good number and what i thought. So i went to the local cat dealer and the counter ran the serial number, said it was built in 06 in the usa, last service was in 08. IE good number...

So the machine came in, it is not like the other 950gcaxx loaders the company has. When I went to get parts, the cat parts counter cant find seals, or anything that matches up other than the serial number...

My question is about the oversea market, and Caterpillar producing machines for them. Cat told me that there is one serial number per machine, and someone must have changed the axle, and modified the machine... not likly...

Where do we find parts and manuals for the oversea caterpillars in the USA?

Why would cat produce a machine called a 950G and make different modles, and not make referances to accomadate it.

I got to say this, I like the oversea 950G better than the USA machine, it has easy axcess like the 950Ds and seems to be built like you would expect caterpillar to build. I am betting that most parts will get to come from China, and USA dealers will not support. I understand Cat building machines for oversea markets, and making them different, I just dont get why they would give them serial numbers that are numaricaly inline with USA machines. I bet I realy screwed up informing the boss on this one.

Cmark

What exactly can't you get? From what I can see, it all looks like regular Cat part numbers.

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
X3

A machine can’t have two Serial Numbers unless it’s dodgy. In my experience all genuine machines bearing the same S/N prefix (AXX in this case) all originally came from the same manufacturing plant. A plant in a different country (Belgium, China, Brazil, etc) producing the same model machine will use totally different S/N prefixes.

Post some photos of the machine, especially the S/N plate and also some close ups of the Part Numbers on castings, etc. Have you considered the possibility that despite the fact that the AXX02031 S/N you checked up on was built in the USA (they all were) but then somehow found its way to China (wtf?) you might well be looking at a Chinese-built clone where the only resemblance to a Cat is the decals....

Also as a thought, try removing the S/N plate and look what’s stamped on the frame under the plate. It should be exactly the same number that’s on the plate.

Forger

Upon receiving the container with the loader in it, we decided to replace the axle seals and o rings while putting the hubs and tires back on. I went to Empire Cat to began looking up the part numbers. They show it shipped with wet brakes and this unit has dual caliper disk brakes. They could not find any alternative for it in the program, and in later or earlier machines. so far this is the only part search i've done. they spent three hours trying to figure this out.

the idea its a clone is ... well is it possible ... 20180414_111319.jpg 20180417_233418.jpg Screenshot_20180414-202011.png

I will get casting numbers and motor transmission and axle numbers. It will take a few days to get back.

Thanks for your help

Cmark

I don't know what you've got there, but it isn't AXX2031, not even close. The wobbly stamping of the serial number is a giveaway. The final drives look 950C-ish but the rest of it is like nothing I've seen. Here it is on Alibaba, along with another one.

https://www.alibaba.com/product-det...ml?spm=a2700.7724838.2017115.7.1e6a2aa1vvibO6
https://www.alibaba.com/product-det...l?spm=a2700.7724838.2017115.13.1e6a2aa1vvibO6

If I was being charitable, I might say it could be a weird Japanese produced 950C with a fresh paint job, but I think more likely just a Chinese knock-off. If I'm wrong, I'll gladly apologise.
Is the black serial number tag on the machine or just in a sales photo?

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
+1
I was just about to say that looks like no 950G Series II that I’ve ever seen.

The Serial Number stamping on the frame is amateurish.

If you’re lucky it may actually be a Cat, just an earlier model. If not, you’ve been right royally had......

Vetech63

It looks like a few manufacturers were in bed together on that one! Some of it looks like a few Case loaders Ive seen in the past.

Cmark

This is great! Here's another picture of it. You can get close up with this one. Styling cues like the flag on the Z bar pin, the light bracket, light, wiring, cab door handle, fuel tank(?) cap, chequer plate walkways, and the cab which is kinda/sorta styled after the Cat small loader/roller cab but not quite making it. Oh, and the styling of the access door in the hood completely at odds with the graphics.

https://yinqiejixie.en.made-in-chin...h-Moving-Machinery-Cat-950g-Wheel-Loader.html

I really look forward to Forger posting some more close up pics. The engine bay would be interesting.

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
That thing is definitely not a 950G. Dry disk brakes and outboard final drives went away with the F model loaders. I've also never seen a serial number stamping like that. I've never seen a relief cut flat like that so the serial number could be stamped inside it on any Cat machine.

Thanks for the photo. It great for showing what to look for in counterfeit machines.

Forger

Friday or Sunday i'll be back on that project. I did a google search on China loader manufacturers and there's several, so the one Im studying first is Cathefeng.
I wish I was wrong, seems like sells efforts are shady, Empire told me this serial number is a 2005 950G last serviced in the USA in 2008 and what im working on is not a Cat.
Stamping old or dismantled machine serial numbers on a gray or black market loaders to trick customers, the EPA and Import officers by selling it as a Caterpillar original is bad form, be warned. I'm learning a few things for sure...

DIYDAVE

Kinda reminds me of a story I heard once... Seems that a coupla brothers, down in alabama, near the town that used to manufacture a particular tractor, hadda sucker on the line, searching for a low serial # tractor, made in that particular town. They took what they had, and ground the original serial# off, and stamped a 1 in its place. the grinding was done good, the 1 was the right size and font, only mistake they really made was that the 1 , was upside down. somewhere there is a guy, parading that tractor around to antique farm equipment shows as THE #1 tractor, first ever made. Only problem is the truth...;)

JD955SC

I think y'all got suckered sadly. It's been mentioned here on previous threads beware of equipment coming out of China due to clones and fakes