1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

Caterpillar 907H inching pedal rheostat?

Discussion in 'Compact Wheel Loaders' started by XSKIER, Jul 9, 2021.

1. XSKIER

XSKIER Well-Known Member

SJM 46 8
    I'm having trouble creeping, stopping, and changing direction while running the engine at high idle. Rim Pull rheostat seems to make no difference low or high. Creep rheostat works as expected, however any bit of speed seems to not be scrubbed by the inch pedal. This loads up the brakes and makes direction changes a neck snapper. Is there a troubleshooting flow chart for this? Do I need cat et?

2. Nige

Nige Senior Member

Not unless you have a Diagnostic Code or Codes to start with. And yes.
    There doesn't appear to be any way of pulling up Diagnostic Codes without using ET that I can see.

3. XSKIER

XSKIER Well-Known Member

After looking at it, I decided that if I could push the pedal further without getting into the brake then it might be smoother. I added about 10mm of "delayed braking" and it did what I needed. No more whiplash when running high flow work tools.

20210710_113503.jpg