• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Caterpillar 586C Any Good? Mulcher Guys Anywhere?

Chopper95

Currently running Tigercat 726D/ E machines and wanting to know what the competition is like, more specifically the Cat 586C.

My dealer says the machine is out of production now due to emission standards and has no clue what will happen with the Weiler deal taking place, but still sold one last Fall and hasn't heard any bad news.

I also called down to Equipment & Parts Inc. in Texas (convert Cat wheel bunchers to mulchers) and they seem to be moving units with no complaints. But the biggest machine (573C) is only putting out 240hp.

Seems like the more I look at new units, the more I'll stick to Tigercat. Hoping the 586C would be a golden goose with some actual dealer support in my region.

Plebeian

In the past few days, the Finning people posted a pic on FB themselves out in the BC forest with the Weiler people watching equipment.

Let the Tigercat support people know the situation, they know who else is using Tigercat parts in your area.

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
It might be better to wait a bit before jumping at any forestry machines from Cat until the dust settles. I'm thinking of the fiasco that happened with Cat highway trucks.