• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

CAT279 backup camera

Tonkatoy

Was wondering if anyone else has had this issue with the backup camera on a CAT MTL. Mine works fine for weeks at a time and then will stop working and the camera icon goes away on the screen. The first time it happened I spent quite a while messing with the harness and so forth, pretty sure it never came back on during that day, but the next day fired it up and the camera was working. So this has been the cycle for a while now, most of the time if the camera stops working it will be back the next day or next time the machine is used, but less likely to reappear the same day. Yesterday it went away at some point, I have never actually seen it shut off, I just notice that it is not working at some point and has not returned today.

masber2000

This is the same thing that's happening with the camera on my 239D loader. Any help resolving this would be most appreciated.