• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cat2013 279c2 won’t shut down

Evansebs

Hi everyone any help would be appreciated changed my fuel shut off solenoid and if i take the fuse out it still won’t shut down
Help please thank you

Acoals

Occupation
Jack of all trades/Master of none
Is the fuel shutoff working? If somebody watches it does it move or try to move? Can you shut off the machine by manually working the shutoff rod?
I am not sure on your specific application, but on other Cat machines the fuse allows power to the solenoid, removing it will ensure the solenoid cannot function.

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
It baffles me as to why a poster who already has a 3-page thread going on the same problem for the same machine would suddenly create a new thread for the same problem............

Evansebs

Is the fuel shutoff working? If somebody watches it does it move or try to move? Can you shut off the machine by manually working the shutoff rod?
I am not sure on your specific application, but on other Cat machines the fuse allows power to the solenoid, removing it will ensure the solenoid cannot function.
This one doesn’t have a rod its a small solenoid i put a new one in when i took the old one out the plunger thing was kinda stuck in there im wondering if something caught inside the thing the solenoid screws in to 279c2 kwb00798
Thanks

Evansebs

It baffles me as to why a poster who already has a 3-page thread going on the same problem for the same machine would suddenly create a new thread for the same problem............

I couldn’t pull up are past chats so i had to start a different one and i put the new one in and it almost shuts down but won’t mabye debrie in it ?

Acoals

Occupation
Jack of all trades/Master of none
This one doesn’t have a rod its a small solenoid i put a new one in when i took the old one out the plunger thing was kinda stuck in there im wondering if something caught inside the thing the solenoid screws in to 279c2 kwb00798
Thanks

Nige pointed out that there is already a well developed thread on this issue, so I am not going to get involved at this point in a different thread. One of the guys who was already helping would be more helpful anyway. If you are having trouble with the site or accessing the original thread you could PM one of the moderators or seek help on one of the website threads.

Evansebs

Doesn’t have a shutoff rod should the plunger be able to move freely in side the thing it screws into

heymccall

I have 2 420Eit backhoes. One has exact same symptom. Been like that for 15 years. Changed stop solenoid. Didn't fix it. Told it was a defect in the pump.
So, on mine, just turn it off and wait for it to peter out.

Evansebs

Wow i have to take air filter off and put my hand over the intake. Ya iv tried changed all parts im not sure how to test relay either but when i switch it with something it works so im assuming it works. I might take it apart again and see if any debris in the hole when i took the old one out it was kinda hard to pull out? Are they supposed to be like that or
Really easy to pull out?

Evansebs

Jow do you look at old threds?

Evansebs

I have 2 420Eit backhoes. One has exact same symptom. Been like that for 15 years. Changed stop solenoid. Didn't fix it. Told it was a defect in the pump.
So, on mine, just turn it off and wait for it to peter out.
Check your oil sensor wire that’s what was wrong with mine after checking everything.
Im sure you have checked it but just thought id share with you.
Ev