• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cat track loader purchase

ippielb

I haven’t been on for a while, but doing some maintenance on the machine...

changed final drive oil.
Changed engine oil
Changed fuel filters
topped up pivot shafts
set track tension
the roller I put two winters ago I must not have tightened the bolts enough it walked out a bit and the rail was touching the edge so repositioned that.
Put the tilt cylinder back on

I propped up the loader arms with round bales. Curled the bucket back, took a tractor and pushed against it to support everything. Released the pressure off the hydraulics with machine off. Drained all the hydraulic fluid from the tank, then took off hydraulic lines To lift arms and nothing came out... the tilt cylinders were straight vertical so I was able to drain the barrels on those. I slowly took the bales away from under the loader arms to drop them and push all the oil out of the barrels... made a mess but it’s done.

now tomorrow all I gotta do is wiggle on the hoses, which will be a pain because lift cylinders are in the way now. And then fill up with hydraulic oil, rinse off all the oil mess, put the panels back on. And grease it.

I have 3 jobs lined up this week with the loader. And another job I have to set a time for.

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
As usual with Hydraulic Controlled leakage or spillage, SPLORT and it goes where it wishes!! Good work though Ippie!!

ippielb

Well, i finished putting my machine together this morning. Got it to the job site by 2:30. Worked till 7:30 tonight. No problems so far. Other then the oil i missed when i washed it... It's black all over now.

The pads dont have much time on them, cant remember when they were replaced, think about 1,500 hours ago.

DMiller, i tried to do something ridiculous. Took rubber gloves and zip tied them onto the hose ends, and then cut off the tips of the thumbs to try and shoot the oil down into the pails, seemed to work when i went slow. Until the last little bit when the bucket fell about a foot and a half. Blew out the bottom end like after taco tuesday.

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
That would be that "Splort" I noted!!! Best laid Plans. We used to try large diameter PVC Conduit or sleeve tubing only to see the giant sized New Years rolled up noise makers in MASSIVE stretched out straight soak everything in sight Sprayers or hydraulic Rocket Motors!!

ippielb

Well, i didnt knock on wood hard enough i guess. I had a service code come up today in the last half hour of the night...

079 136.08

It came up, i stopped, then started to drive out of the bush so if i needed to work on it i was in a decent spot. And then the code went out. So i started pushing again from that end where i was going to stop and then the code came back.

I had just washed the machine two days ago and rinsed off everything with the garden hose underneath because it was all filthy. So hopefully i didnt get water in a connection somewhere stupid, but i dont know why it would only trigger now.

My main question is, is the machine safe to operate? Or will i damage it by running it with that code? I have a couple hours left on this job. The other two jobs can wait till i get it fixed i guess. We are suppose to get 14" of snow sunday...

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
079 136.08 is generated by the right drive motor pressure sensor. Troubleshooting procedure attached.
I think you might be right when you question if your washing has got water in the works somewhere - see reason #2 on the list of possible causes.

An electrical schematic may be your best friend. If you don't have one please ask.

Attachments

• MID079 CID136 FMI08.pdf
    156.2 KB · Views: 5

ippielb

079 136.08 is generated by the right drive motor pressure sensor. Troubleshooting procedure attached.
I think you might be right when you question if your washing has got water in the works somewhere - see reason #2 on the list of possible causes.

An electrical schematic may be your best friend. If you don't have one please ask.

I don’t have a schematic. I spent all night on cat parts trying to find a diagram or even where the sensor is located. But I do know that it’s $1,300 for a sensor!!

ippielb

One is on its way to you as we speak ....
Sensor Part Number is 199-9702. I'm showing it as US$517 out of a US dealer. Before shelling out for one I think you would be best to start looking at connections for damp or contamination.
It's #13 on the illustration below.

View attachment 227266
Thank you so much. I’m on my way to the machine now. I hope it’s a damp connection. But I brought tools to trouble shoot. Ran fine for 10 hours and even with the code up the machine tracked straight and functioned as normal.

Nige

A correction. There are 2 of those sensors, the one I circled and the one to the left of it in the illustration. To find out which is which you'll have to check the wires going to each sensor.

LH sensor the wires in the machine harness as far as the sensor connector are - White, Pink, Yellow
RH sensor the wires are - White, Pink, Grey.
upload_2020-11-5_14-45-16.png
upload_2020-11-5_14-51-26.png

Last edited:

ippielb

There’s 3 sensors. I checked the connections. Sprayed connector clean, unplugged and plugged back in a bunch of times. Then checked power. Had 8v exactly.

the next step was to check the connectors at the ECM, but I wasn’t sure which connectors were. I thought I’d give this a go with clean connectors first and see if the code comes back up. Hopefully not.

Attachments

• 5B6EE9C8-F9B4-4244-9B83-841F12FD17F6.jpeg
    5B6EE9C8-F9B4-4244-9B83-841F12FD17F6.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 23
  • 4ADB2D36-1D32-43FC-BB02-9C2244DA5CF6.jpeg
    4ADB2D36-1D32-43FC-BB02-9C2244DA5CF6.jpeg
    425.8 KB · Views: 22

Nige

If it does come back, try interchanging the two sensor connectors.
if the codes stay the same then the fault would appear to be in the wiring and/or connectors between the one in your photo and the ECM.
If if changes to 079.137.08 then the problem would appear to be in the sensor or the connector at the end of the sensor pigtail.

ippielb

If it does come back, try interchanging the two sensor connectors.
if the codes stay the same then the fault would appear to be in the wiring and/or connectors between the one in your photo and the ECM.
If if changes to 079.137.08 then the problem would appear to be in the sensor or the connector at the end of the sensor pigtail.

Well good news is that I never had that code back today.

I am having something happen in the joystick though, when I go to tilt the bucket down it makes a vibrating as if it’s passing air though. It doesn’t do it all the time, and it never happens for anything but tilting down. And it only does it right off the start of the motion and only for a split second.

ippielb

Well that code came back today with a vengeance. Now it kicked in and stopped the machine. I can play with the wiring at the silver tube and it turns the warning off. So I’m assuming it needs replacement.

ippielb

Switched the pigtails for the sensors. And sure enough the service code changed to 079 0137.08

so it’s either the sensor or the pigtail.