• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

CAT TH62 electrics

Cathandler

Hi I was wondering if anyone could help me out. We have just brought a CAT TH62 (2001) but after driving it along the road when I got back to the yard and turned it off the hour clock, oil pressure light and load monitor stay on even after the ignition switch has been turned off. Soon as its started the oil light goes out and it runs like a dream. The oil levels are all checked and ok.

I thought it was the igniton switch as it was a bit battered and after spraying a bit of WD40 it stopped doing it once so I have changed that but it still does it. I have also looked for loose wires but can seem to find any. The only thing I can think of is if it could be a relay and if not where the loose wire could be. Also I wondered if the ignition switch was wired correctly in that it as 3 yellow wires to the relay, brown to battery and orange to start but nothing to the control pin.

I was just wondering if anyone had any experience of it and what could be causing it. Also if anyone knew where I could get a operators manual for it as I have tried ebay and finnings but they'll take 5 to 6 weeks.

Thanks

Cathandler

Just thought I'd say I found what was wrong the lucas ignition relay was sticking. Since then it has been running a dream up until we used the 3rd service which doesn't seem to hold pressure meaning that with the wrapped bale handler unless you want to drop the bale you have to keep the button pressed. I wondered what could be the problem or if there was a valve that could be adjusted to allow it too keep more pressure there as I presume it doesn't hold it to aid uncoupling the pipes.

Masseynut(Aust)

Re/TH 62 handler.

Just thought I'd say I found what was wrong the lucas ignition relay was sticking. Since then it has been running a dream up until we used the 3rd service which doesn't seem to hold pressure meaning that with the wrapped bale handler unless you want to drop the bale you have to keep the button pressed. I wondered what could be the problem or if there was a valve that could be adjusted to allow it too keep more pressure there as I presume it doesn't hold it to aid uncoupling the pipes.

Hello from Australia,

I have a TH 62 as well, with the same problem with creeping in the auxillary oil supply to the rotator. Wondering did you find a solution to the problem?
Also have to keep button pressed to hold bale.
Any input would be appreciated.

regards, Evan.

lalvarez

Occupation
Director of Operations
Hello I also have a CAT Electric Fork Lift Problem but i have a model # EP18KT and for some reason i cannot seem to get it to move any faster. It still has and does all the functionality but it moves very slow. I have already had someone come out and service it and they could not fix it. One of my employees, that is not longer here, fixed it and now it is back to moving slow again, even with a full charge. Is there anything that i would need to look at when it does this?

Cathandler

Hello from Australia,

I have a TH 62 as well, with the same problem with creeping in the auxillary oil supply to the rotator. Wondering did you find a solution to the problem?
Also have to keep button pressed to hold bale.
Any input would be appreciated.

regards, Evan.

I dare say that it is a bit late but I found that the 3rd service is designed to keep a low pressure when it isn't in use and so that you have to fit a pilot operated valve that works on both lines.

The problem that it has now it that when we go to start it in the mornings and occasionally during the day it blows the engine power fuse and has cut out once when we have been going along the road with the fuse blow. I have tried changing the starter relay and the ignition switches with a spare but I wondered if there was something else I am missing or if the is a known issue that can cause it other than a short in the line as the only place I can think that it could chafe is under the seat as all the the rest of the loom that I can trace is undamaged.

But then you would think if it was a short in a cable that it would do it when it was running and not when it has been parked up in a shed over night when it started ok the night before when it was locked up.

Thanks Sam