• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cat TH406/407....Who builds them?

JCBiron

Does anyone know who is making these machines for Cat? I know they had some sort of partnership with JLG on their Lift and Place machines, but JLG doesn't make a machine like the 406/407 to my knowledge??? Just curious.

icestationzebra

I remember hearing a story some time back about CAT farming out their telehandlers. I think it was JLG so I did some Googling. I found a TH406/407 press release, and one of the contact email addresses was xxx@jlg.com. So yes it is a JLG.

ISZ

icestationzebra

I also found this on a TH406 cut-sheet. ISZ

"Use only JLG approved attachments with proper material handler model/attachment load capacity charts displayed in the operator’s cab."

Speedpup

Occupation
President and all else that needs done!
Some telehandlers are built by JLG for Cat and some models are Cat. the Cat models are a better built machine.

What ones does CAT build the low boom ones? I thought they bought them in UK? thanks!

JCBiron

Yeah, I knew the lift and place machines were JLG, but didn't know for sure on the ground engaging style machines.