• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cat Swing bearing Aftermarket

Wayne Hittle

Occupation
Retired
I have to replace the swing bearing in a Cat 308. Does anyone have experience in Quality of aftermarket. Particularly from India or South Korea? Not sure I want to go The China route although they are much cheaper. It seems Aftermarket runs about 60% of OEM.

ahart

We are getting ready to put an ITR swing bearing in a 225 cat excavator. I can report back on how it goes when it’s completed.

Wayne Hittle

Occupation
Retired
We are getting ready to put an ITR swing bearing in a 225 cat excavator. I can report back on how it goes when it’s completed.
Yes I would be interested in what you think about the product. Do you know what country the bearing is mfg. in? I have a quote from Con Equip parts and several others, leaning towards ConEquip now. Mfg. is Dayco country's of origin Japan, Italy, S. Korea. My swing bearing wasn't listed on ITR's website but I will call them tomorrow.

rmllarue91

Occupation
field technician
Put one in a 345bl 5-6 years ago think it was ITR works fine it has been little noisier than a factory from day one but no play and feels smooth machine is run hard had grease lines ripped off few time not put back on right away and has had nothing but the finest " operators " labors and random people running machine..... put aftermarket in a pc400 that one no complaints. Did a used one in a 375 somewhere around 2008 they wore that out as well in 5+ years