• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cat pm102

teezy

Do any of you guys know how many sqft this mill could do in a day? at about a 1 1/2 to 2 inchs? I work for a paving company that is thinking about buying this mill. most of the jobs will be around 30,000 sqft parking lots...I only see companys running roadtecs and wirtgens and i know there has to be a reason why. I've seen a rx400 do 30,000 sqft in a long day. I am just trying to see if the cat could do it? a salesman will tell you what you want to here,I want to find out the truth from people that do the job

JimmyA

Teezy- i have pm200 runs really nice and moves! you cant beat cats service. i dont not have a pm 102, my cuz has the 4ft bomag not impressed at all. rented a 4ft roadtec very slow and lot of vibration, when we rented the roadtec i had also rented my buddies 4ft 150 wirgen blow the roadtec away. i owned a wirgen1900 before the pm200 cat gave me a demo and i was very happy. i dont do alot of mill and overlay, most of my work is deep cut.
hope i was a little help

big tex

The 102 should do all you need it to. You don't see that many Cat machines out because not all dealers push them very much. There are a few dealers that have their areas saturated with Cat Yellow. Wirtgens are good machines, but service and parts are their downside. New Roadtec machines will keep up with any comparable sized machine out there. Bomag has purchased the CMI/Terex line of cold planers. They are making some great changes to these machines that will make them very competitive.

csx7006

The 102 should do all you need it to. You don't see that many Cat machines out because not all dealers push them very much. There are a few dealers that have their areas saturated with Cat Yellow. Wirtgens are good machines, but service and parts are their downside. New Roadtec machines will keep up with any comparable sized machine out there. Bomag has purchased the CMI/Terex line of cold planers. They are making some great changes to these machines that will make them very competitive.
Explain on the changes on the CMI machines

Gwargo

Hey there Teezy we just bought a 2010 pm-102 its a fast and powerful machine for a 1m mill it also cleans up nice. Its heavy for a 1m machine but makes for a smooth ride. It may say CAT on it but its really a Bitelli imo witch may be a good thing to some and not for others. Keep in mind its a 1m machine and the drum is not underneath you so its a 2man operation. So if you are doing long continuous cuts or big areas its a fast and powerful machine but for small road cuts with lots of picking up and sitting down its a little on the slow side and can be finicky because of the Bitteli controls.