• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cat part numbers

Taylortractornu

Charter Member
Occupation
Privvate landfill operator/manager
I was a t a friends surplus shop and he had a box of Cat parts. I mean NOS stuff. there was some 10 inch long boxes that are 2 inches square and they look like Cat stuff from the 50s60s. I opened one and there was spring in it and a a bakelite/fiber disca bout 7/8s diamete with a 1/4 inch square hole in it. Then in the same box was a 1/4 inch square rod that ase several inches long and Bakelite aswell. It had a disk on the end of it about a an inch and a half in diameter. box number was 7-589966 rod A

THere was a few of them .

THe big thing I found was a brake band of sorts. I thing it was a steering band the part number on the box was 1-5j0477 Band A
12-4

I can get the box pretty cheap might take them for my memorabilia collection. THere was a few new bearings to. C6093-8

Taylortractornu

Charter Member
Occupation
Privvate landfill operator/manager
Thanks for the info. I may drop the 20 bucks and get the whole box. I dont know what alls in there but the bakelite parts with the springs in them. I know the boxes looked really old. Maybe some one can use them for an older machine. THey may get scrapped if I dont get them. Was the 128 just a winch or was it the blade control?

jbernd

the bakelite thingys sound like the rods that go in the old style cotton string fuel filters to hold them tight against the top of the fuel filter tower.