• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cat fuel pump screen inline

heymccall

Before I go into full redesign mode, has anyone else sub'd out the 525-6205 inline filter for something that makes more sense? At $30 a pop, it's mounted vertical, and has a 1/2" inlet w/ 3/8" outlet, and most importantly, is opaque, leaving me to want to upgrade/ change.
Screenshot_20210128-122000_Gallery.jpg

I've had machines go down when it wasn't changed (long before the interval, @1k hrs IIRC) and I've ended up changing it with the separator and fuel filters everytime now.
Plus, being mounted vertical, isn't any floating debris falling back into the supply line whilst I wrestle it from its hoses?

I've contemplated changing the barb on the tank shutoff valve so as to make the inlet and outlet both 3/8". And I can add enough fuel line to mount it horizontal.
I'd like to use something like the Napa 3972.
Screenshot_20210128-122952_Chrome.jpg

I have that 525-6205 on my 314ELCRs, 930K (hidden), and several other Cats here. Asking for suggestions as I dont want to add a FM100 like I did on all of my skidsteers.