1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

CAT E70B hydraulic problem

Discussion in 'Excavators' started by jim weaver, Apr 5, 2017.

1. jim weaver

jim weaver Member

I found a place in Ontario that stocks the parts for this pump. they quoted $375 for each rotary group, and also sell the parts separately.
    dcomp? was handok any cheaper?
    jim

2. dcomp

dcomp Member

It's been awhile since I've studied on this thing I'm pretty sure I give 500 for the rotating assembly including the Pistons and few other small parts. I did have to wire transfer the money which was scary and still can't vouch for the quality of the parts other than looks good. There's a hydraulic repair place in Mississippi and another in Memphis that said they could repair it or supply parts but if I remember correctly they were still pretty high and I bought this thing with the pump already off and not running so I've been slow about spending too much on it. Sorry if not much help

3. jim weaver

jim weaver Member

i saw the place in Mississippi on ebay. they want just shy of $4000 to rebuild this pump. not a good option in my opinion.
    for $375, you get everything in one rotating group except the 3 little pins. so, for around $800 with shipping I should have 2 strong pumps when I'm done. my machine has around 8000 hours on all original hydraulics, so it's time to freshen her up.
    the final drives are also available in aftermarket now, for around $1300 each. tracking has been logey for the last couple of years, so that'll be my next investment.
    thanks again dcomp
    jim

4. lantraxco

lantraxco Senior Member

If that place in Mississippi is the one I think it is, you would never see your money or your pump again anyway. Yes, that is the voice of experience. YMMV

If your tracks are weak, first suggestion is always check or reseal your swivel joint, it's common for those seals to get tired and bypass oil.

5. jim weaver

jim weaver Member

good idea with the swivel lantraxco, my blade drifts off too, and I was thinking that the cylinders would need repacking.
    jim

6. jim weaver

jim weaver Member

good video, and it happens to be an e70b.

7. bindian

bindian Well-Known Member

Aircraft Mechanic
    Thanks Jim for the video link. I thought I was gonna have to pull my rotary joint before and was gonna drop it as an assembly. Just the thought of all those lower lines being disconnected and dripping on me had be double thinking that. Now I know better.

I also saw the same Youtube guy show a video on how to rebuild a cylinder on the machine, which all three of mine will need this year.

I guess the big bonus was seeing a final drive parts video where they said they are in Magnolia, Texas. Which puts them about 29 miles from me. Woohoo, that is great!
    hugs, Brandi

Last edited: Apr 9, 2017
  8. bindian

Aircraft Mechanic
    Jim,
    Can you provide a link for the place in Ontario?
    Thanks.
    hugs, Brandi

9. jim weaver

jim weaver Member

10. bindian

Aircraft Mechanic
  11. Jon Bradtke

Jon Bradtke Member

I know this is an older thread but how did your parts work out from Korea? Good quality and last a while?

12. WEN GAYO

WEN GAYO Member

Does anyone have a shop manual for this a10vd43 pump please send it to me as I really need it this is my email address

bedepos@gmail.comom