1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

Cat E series excavators

Discussion in 'Excavators' started by bigkit, Oct 30, 2011.

1. bigkit

bigkit Member

Has anyone seen a new E series? My local rep says they're pricing them up but it is not officially launched yet and there are no brochures to see. I'm in the market for new 13 tonner and was thinking of a brand change. Hitachi's have always been my prefference to date. I would welcome any feedback.

Thanks

2. ih100

ih100 Senior Member

Don't know about the smaller machines, but the 329E is awesome.

3. bigkit

bigkit Member

Thanks, now I know there's and E model out there I'll look it up. Ta

4. Porter

Porter Member

You can see current brochures on the Cat website. The 315 has not been updated as the "E" machines are IT4 compliant engines and the smaller horsepower engines have until next year. That being said, I would advise that if you want a new machine buy one now before IT4 emissions.

5. pwrstroke6john

pwrstroke6john Well-Known Member

Nothing that small, but we had 336E onsite this summer to demo.

6. bigkit

bigkit Member

Thanks for the feedback so far. I've been doing some research..........they seem to look really bulky to me, the back end almost covers the rear window! Not sure I like it.:(

7. wpnsx

wpnsx New Member

Powerstroke6john. You mentioned you had a 336E for demo. How did the machine perform?

8. AlloaExcavating

AlloaExcavating Well-Known Member

Ive seen 349E. 336 E, 329E, 320 E, and 320ELRR. Ran the lRR and was very impressed. The a$$ end looks huge, but the machine is very responsive, and powerful. Nothing that makes me want to sell my hitachis and go cat tho...

9. wpnsx

wpnsx New Member

Interesting, what is main reason for your love of the Hitachi's? How do you find them on fuel?

Yes, the Cat a$$ is rather large. Is the a$$ more of an appearance thing or do you place rear visibilty of high importance for a 20t size machine?

10. pwrstroke6john

pwrstroke6john Well-Known Member

We had the machine onsite for a short period, but I was impressed with how quick the machine was. It was easily faster then the other D's that were onsite.

11. Vern B

Vern B Member

Retired, but buy, sell and mostly export construct
    Pwrstroke6john

I see a DoMor 707 in your list of machines. Didn't realize anyone from Texas would even know what
    that machine was, let alone own one.

I live in the area of Michigan where those machines were built for the past 35 years. I sold for Cat
    for 25 years and the family that built the DoMor's were in the excavating business and were one of my
    customers. for many years. The DoMor is no longer being built, but another customer produces an
    upgraded version of the 707.

Just curious how you came about owning the machine and your history with it? I assume you have the
    grading blade on the back?

12. CAT349ELR

CAT349ELR New Member

Our new CAT 336 E LRE

[​IMG]

Next week my CAT 349 E LRE

13. DEMLONE70

DEMLONE70 Senior Member

Where is the pic taken ?

14. CAT349ELR

CAT349ELR New Member

Kruibeke

15. Lee-online

Lee-online Senior Member

Has anyone seen the 349F yet? I know it's Tier 4 final but was wondering what else is different.

16. CM1995

CM1995 Administrator

Running what I brung and taking what I win
    Anyone ran a 320EL or 320ELRR enough to form an opinion? I am considering doing a finance lease on one if work continues to pick up. I am not really keen on all the new emissions hardware and the associated maintenance, as well as the huge rear end Cat decided to put on the E's. I know the emission equipment is here to stay and we'll all adapt eventually but I just don't like being a guinea pig with my hard earned money.:cool:

17. heymccall

heymccall Senior Member

I have a 336E with 1500 hrs now, and no troubles. As for the 320, I have a 320DLRR, and you couldn't pry my operator away from it. He put 19k hours on a 322BL, 4k on a 324DL (a CAT field follow unit wearing 322CL stickers) , and 2k on a 325CLCR, and still, his favorite for balance, power, and cab sizing, is the 320DLRR. It is miles ahead of the 321CLCR we have in performance and comfort.