• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cat E Series Excavator Monitor Panel

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
I've been working toward showing progressively newer machine communications panels. In this video I show the Cat E series machine panel. Caterpillar has stayed the same with their approach to identifying faults. You have active codes which identify something wrong in a component or system path and events. Events are when the machine has been operated outside of designed parameters. The big progression in data access is real time communication of operating data. While Caterpillar seems to prefer the use of a lap top computer and software for active troubleshooting and calibration of machine parameters, it looks like the general trend is to include as much of the diagnostic package as possible within the machine's intelligence system. Enjoy and please feel free to comment here and subscribe to my YouTube channel for future programs.