• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cat D9G

RollOver Pete

Occupation
Operating Engineer/mechanic
I found this old D9G just outside of Indio, Ca. :cool:

Attachments

• IMGP0206.JPG
    IMGP0206.JPG
    90.3 KB · Views: 4,437
  • IMGP0208.JPG
    IMGP0208.JPG
    83.2 KB · Views: 2,860

RollOver Pete

Occupation
I doubt new machines could ever last as long as these older Cats have.:cool2

Attachments

• IMGP0207.JPG
    IMGP0207.JPG
    99.1 KB · Views: 2,498
  • IMGP0209.JPG
    IMGP0209.JPG
    99.2 KB · Views: 2,506
  • IMGP0210.JPG
    IMGP0210.JPG
    92.8 KB · Views: 3,137

RonG

Charter Member
Occupation
heavy equipment operator
She must have been a hard pushing machine with that flat stock welded to the blade horizontally like that unless it was used exclusively on the sand.
If you are pushing topsoil or clay type material it needs to roll as you are pushing or the dozer is not working as efficiently as it could be.Nice pics though,you never get tired of looking at those old dozers.Ron G:)

Lashlander

Looks like its been sitting there for a while. I've never seen a set of pads that wore out. Nice pics.

Dozerboy

Occupation
Operator
We have a 9N with flat stock welded to the blade horizontally. I love pushing scrappers with it and the scraper hands hate me when I do.:D

rino1494

There was a D9G at RB auction on Thursday. It went for $19,000. It was in "fair" shape. Needed some undercarriage work.

CatSkinner77V

Occupation
Earthmoving business owner
D9G's one of the best 9's made.

I had our D9G at a big clay dump last summer just outside of winnipeg. They were diggin 3 new underpasses at once and there was about 150 trucks hauling into it. Nelson river had rented a D9R for the dump site as well, my old G kept up to that R like nobodys business, only downfall it had was how clumsy it was when your changing pushing channels, took alittle longer to turn. They are good old die hard machines, ours has over 52000 hours on the frame, seen alot of work in her long days. I would like to see a R someday with 52000 hours on the frame.

928G Boy

I had our D9G at a big clay dump last summer just outside of winnipeg. They were diggin 3 new underpasses at once and there was about 150 trucks hauling into it. Nelson river had rented a D9R for the dump site as well, my old G kept up to that R like nobodys business, only downfall it had was how clumsy it was when your changing pushing channels, took alittle longer to turn. They are good old die hard machines, ours has over 52000 hours on the frame, seen alot of work in her long days. I would like to see a R someday with 52000 hours on the frame.

What job was that? 3 new underpasses?

You don't see many D9s out here, I think Talieau could have one, Hughie's probably got one hiding somewhere... Or should I say Sigfusson...

Nelson River actually bought an old D9 (probably a G) a couple years ago at an auction but they use it as ballast for their big dragline in one of their pits... they bought a big 245 cat hoe for the same purpose... they looked nice all painted up fresh in the yard when they arrived but we never get to use them on jobs :(

alco

Looks like its been sitting there for a while. I've never seen a set of pads that wore out. Nice pics.

I got to run a D9L that had grousers that were the same height as the bolt heads on the pads....didn't work so well. But they wouldn't do anything about it until the job was over and it went back to the shop.

Brian

hoeman600

Occupation
yellow thingy moverer
if any one wants to see old iron . just fly in to sacramento ca. rent a car and drive south on hy 99 . its every where!!. I moved here 3 years ago and have wore out 2 cameras taking picts. any old farm or back road its amazing:jawdrop . theres nothing like ot on the east coast . every thing there just rots away

surfer-joe

hoeman600 is absolutely right! The amount of old Cat iron in the Central valley is incredable. You can wear out any number of cameras just around Bakersfield, but take a drive on some of the back roads all the way to Stockton or Sacramento on north and you will need more.

Deas Plant

Odd Rig.

Hi, Ron G.
That old girl is a bit of a weird beast. That U-blade is plated for pushing scrapers and the cushion push block on the back is usually used for tandem pushing of bigger scrapers. The weird bit is why anyone would fit a push tractor with a U-blade 'cos it makes for the slowest pick-ups in the business.

She's had a hard life, as you said, and not a lot of TLC. She's also a pretty early one from the twin vertical air cleaners and the front hyd tank.

RollOver Pete

Occupation
I wonder if she runs, and/or might be for sale? :naughty
Oh man.... the memories....
back when men were men.....no a/c.....
no EPA.......no cell phones........
and lotsa smoke! Ahhhhhh.... just close your eyes
and you can almost smell it......
Those were good times :scool

OK. Now back to reality :throwup