• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cat d9 part numbers for gauges just installed new radiator core.

fiat41b

I went to the Cat dealer I'm wanting the correct gauge for my d9h 90v series sorry I don't have parts book yet.
and a water pressure gauge also.
just replaced radiator from damage - 4" tree flipped into it while backing up need to get the engine enclosers wiped out the fan also, so replaced that with a used d9h reversible the mechanic said that the blades had a slight amount of play in their sockets
I wouldn't think this would effect the pitch enough to where it could not push enough air it reads 135 to 145 degrees on heat gun pointing strait into the front of the radiator.
Cat parts guy could not find the part#'s they said it was probably an electric gauge they also could not believe these older 9's came with air conditioning lol.
I need the sending unit all the way to the gauge. are they electric - I didn't thank so
mine has a aftermarket with numbers and a wire coming out of sending unit.
It runs at 180 -85 for 3 hrs then gets up to 200-210 and higher 240+ some thing is going on needs fixed this gauge is off I agree but when I see 240+ thinking might be off.
I shot the heat gun it registered 180-190 then when at like 240 its 210
the lower part of the block highest reading was 228 at the rear
sending unit is attached to a spot which is not far from the exhaust manifold.

Crook_Donk

Hey mate. I have the gauges at home and will post in a few hours when I can retrieve them.
Cheers

Crook_Donk

Found a parts diagram.

I have the old water pressure (3S-4131) and a newer water temp gauge (200 5234).

The old water temp gauge (8S-4915) has ranges that apply depending on where you are on the water pressure gauge. There was a thread about this combo earlier on.

Attachments

• Gauge Group 6P5413.png
    Gauge Group 6P5413.png
    24.5 KB · Views: 13