• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cat D8H help with parts breakdown for blade hydraulics

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
From the OP's original photo showing the covers off and oil leaking down the track frame it appears as though the hoses he is looking for are the two in the photo between the rear end of the push arm and the machine.
IIRC OM mentioned previously that there are three different length options for the hoses in that location.

upload_2020-1-15_7-21-6.png

Bluox

I guess you never seen one of these either ,these two hoses are the same length .The two on the other end are two different lengths.
If you look at post 13 the op is indicating the two in the push arm which are 12 feet .
Bob

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
FYI I have seen plenty of these, but the last one was many years ago, late 1980's probably.
I read post #13 as the OP replying to a comment made in post #8 about what to do if one of the hoses inside the push arm burst.
TBH he hasn't been clear about which hoses he wants the specification for. I put two & two together after looking at the photo in his OP and maybe came to six, but based on the oil leaking in the photo I thought it was a reasonable assumption under the circumstances.

Maybe the OP would care to reply and clarify exactly what information he is looking for. FWIW there are four different arrangements of the two hoses shown in his photo listed for the 44K/45K blade - attached below. The hoses Ref. #1 are different lengths in each case.

Attachments

• 8S6921 Type 1.pdf
    192.4 KB · Views: 8
  • 8S6921 Type 2.pdf
    194.5 KB · Views: 5
  • 8S6921 Type 3.pdf
    171.1 KB · Views: 2
  • 8S6921 Type 4.pdf
    174.8 KB · Views: 2

Check Break

I don't know why my Caterpillar dealership sent me three different parts breakdown for the hydraulic tilt cylinder supply lines, and no other options for my 1969 D8H 46A dozer... my lines run up through the blade frame they could not find this parts breakdown Arrangement anywhere., does anybody have the parts breakdown? that would be great, I'm trying to get correct replaceable lines.

There's three pair of lines. 1. First pair runs from bulkhead fitting in rear of blade arm (at trunion) to valve body. Hose Assembly 8S4932. Hose length 48.40". Angle Orientation 0 degrees. 2. Second pair runs inside blade arm from rear bulkhead to front bulkhead. Hose Assembly 8S4936. Hose length 139.50". Angle of Orientation 0 degrees. 3. The third pair runs from the front bulkhead to the tilt cylinder. There's two different hoses. Hose assembly 8S5620. Hose length 42.20" Angle Orientation 0 degrees. Hose assembly 8S4934. Hose length 26.20". Angle Orientation 0 degrees.

There's two 90 degree fittings in the front bulk head. The fittings are installed on the outside (top) of bulkhead. The third pair of hoses should be guarded. CAT used spring guard. I would use OEM guarding. The second pair of hoses inside the blade arm should also be guarded. Your choice, nylon sleeve (or fire hose) or plastic spiral hose guard. Failure to install hose guard around these hoses will result in excessive wear and the leak(s) everyone is talking about.

CAT should be able to print you a parts diagram if you tell them these hoses are part of the "8S6921 BLADE TILT CYLINDER LINES GROUP - Type 2. If you want to use a local hose shop, the hose is No. 8 (1/2") as mentioned previously. The three diagrams CAT sent you are probably titled as stated and are differentiated by Type 2, Type 3 and Type 4. Hose pairs 2 and 3 are the same length in all three "Types". Hose pair 1 for Type 3 changes to 37.80" and Type 4 changes to 38.47". I doubt this matters to you as you are only asking about Hose Pair No. 2 within the blade arm. These hoses are the same length for all three variations, Type 2, Type 3 and Type 4.

Hope this helps.