1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

Cat D6T blade lift

Discussion in 'Dozers' started by Oliver182, Jun 1, 2022.

1. Oliver182

Oliver182 Well-Known Member

2012 d6t. Serial number GMK00781. Anyone know what the Hydrualic pressure should be at the lift cylinders? Semi U blade and when get a big load on it the lift seems to stall out. I have pressure testing gauge kit. Thanks.

2. Nige

Nige Senior Member

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
    The blade control is electronic based on signals from position sensors in the joystick.
    Are you sure that the problem is in the hydraulic side.?
    Have you checked for any Diagnostic Codes on the Operator Monitor.?

3. Oliver182

I’m not getting any active codes that I can see. It lifts good in all circumstances other than when you get a big load on it. I’ll try to get into the monitor and see if I can find joystick position or something

4. Nige

Nige Senior Member

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
    I think to see the signal from the joystick sensor needs ET. I just wanted to make sure that you had considered the possibility of an electronic problem.

To remove any possibility of doubt it may be a good idea to do a calibraion of all the joystick position sensors before proceeding further.
    This procedure requires ET.

Attached some info on testing. The bummer as far as you're concerned is that the main implement relief valve is supposedly only capable of being tested off the machine. So based on that maybe focusing on correct calibration of the electronics might be a good point to start.

Attached Files:

John Shipp likes this.
  5. Oliver182

I looked back through a previous work order and had forgot I had cat do a calibration on the joystick the last time they were out for a completely different issue. Sounds like I may be calling them if it can’t be tested onsite.