• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cat D6R fault code

MARI0

Hi could anyone help me out with a fix for service code 113.298.02 ona Cat D6R?

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
Welcome to the Forums Mario!

The wrenches on the Forum will need the serial # of the machine in order to help you out.

Good luck!

ahart

Transmission control: service brake pedal switch; erratic intermittent or incorrect.

Most of the time, the brake pedal switch needs adjustment to prevent this code from coming on.

MARI0

Not sure if this is against the rules. Is it okay to request digital service manuals?

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
Not sure if this is against the rules. Is it okay to request digital service manuals?
No it's not. You need to be on the lookout for the following Cat Publications in the usual online marketplaces. Figures in brackets are approx new prices.

SEBU6887-06 - Operation & Maintenance Manual ($50)
SEBP2619-24 - Parts Manual ($125)
SENR9490 - Service Manual - will include an O&M Manual if complete. ($395)
Could I have the complete electrical schematic please?
Check your messages.

Nige

If you go in messing with the switch - be careful. With the machine master switch in the ON position one of the wires connected to the switch is permanently live. Get your terminal screwdriver at the wrong angle and there could be quite a flash......

tctractors

It might be worth saying the 1 part of the brake system works on PWM at 5 volts the peddle limit switch works on 24 volt the same as the hand button control (park)

MARI0

Hey guys. How do I enter Component Data Display Mode to check the operation of the switch?

Nige

Hey guys. How do I enter Component Data Display Mode to check the operation of the switch?
You don't really need to. Just get at the switch behind the cover above the brake pedal, unplug CONN 19 (198-RD and G731-GY) then test the continuity of the switch. It should be open circuit until the brake pedal is almost at the floor when the contacts should close.

From memory the red & grey wires attach at the switch with screws, so you could also disconnect at that location.

1712105168578.png