• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

CAT D6N transmission problem

ugis

Transmission problem no more! :)
I successfully put together a dozer and worked for a little over a week. Everything seems to be working well, after a while the pressure in the transmission should be measured.
You were right, the transmission can be removed, disassembled and reassembled all in one day if you know how to do it. Not as complicated as I expected.
If someone else is confused, like me (unlikely) the display of D6N gears then-
1.5- 1st gear, high rpm
2.- 2nd gear, low rpm
2.5- 2nd gear, high rpm
3.- 3rd gear, low rpm
3.5- 3rd gear, high rpm.

The question is, what is affected by the "pressure accumulator" above the transmission housing and what are the signs if it has lost pressure?

Attachments

• 20211030_103531.jpg
    20211030_103531.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 14
  • 20211103_101718.jpg
    20211103_101718.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 13

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
he question is, what is affected by the "pressure accumulator" above the transmission housing and what are the signs if it has lost pressure?
The purpose of the accumulator is to supply additional oil flow in the power train system in any case where the pump is supplying insufficient flow. To measure the nitrogen pre-charge pressure you will need a charging kit. See attached.

Attachments

• Accumulator T&A.pdf
    371.4 KB · Views: 14