1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cat D5N Dozer tracking slow.

Discussion in 'Dozers' started by JLBaggs, Apr 15, 2019.

1. JLBaggs

JLBaggs New Member

Unloaded my dozer and lights started flashing and buzzer going off. When placed in gear it will track but only very slow. Any ideas?

2. Nige

Nige Senior Member

Scroll your monitor system using the switch with the check mark icon on the RH side of your photo and find the Diagnostic Codes.
    The "SERV CODE" icon on the RH side indicates that you have one or more active Codes. Need to know what they are before going further.
    Also a Serial Number would go a long way.

3. JLBaggs

JLBaggs New Member

0C7AA274-B45B-4644-AC1E-ADF96D55C45E.jpeg Thank you!

4. Nige

Nige Senior Member

Well that’s half the story.
    Now we just need the information regarding what Active Diagnostic Codes you have.......

DEMLONE70 likes this.
  5. JLBaggs

JLBaggs New Member

Ok, I’ll try to get that info. I went ahead and made appointment with Cat for Weds. I appreciate your help.

6. Nige

Nige Senior Member

Even if you are getting Cat out to it, it would help them a lot if you could tell them what Diagnostic Codes are active on the machine.
    If the Codes you have are related to a sensor or sensors the field tech could actually bring new ones with him instead of having to go back (at your expense) to get them. Just a thought.

7. John C.

John C. Senior Member

Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
    This should help you find and list them for the dispatcher before he sends out someone to be dispatched.

Good Luck!