• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cat D5K-2 Grade Control issue

Sturgill

Occupation
Owner/operator
Every now and then I lose the blade position info for the Grade control (Accu Grade?). Serial number KW2000287.
It has done it a few times usually after I have been running for a while and I shut it off for lunch, when I start back it loses its position. I while post the before and after. I also have the codes it shows. I'm thinking its a loose wire or heat related. Any ideas of where to start?

IMG_0681.JPG IMG_0676.JPG IMG_0680.JPG IMG_1826.JPG

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
Sorry, been busy and it took a while to find the answer .......... try the procedure below.
upload_2019-6-11_17-41-45.png

If you need an Electrical Schematic I have one. Click on my username and Start a Conversation - Send me your email address.

Attachments

• M0104772 - Troubleshooting Grade Control.pdf
    258.7 KB · Views: 14

Sturgill

Occupation
Owner/operator
Sorry, been busy and it took a while to find the answer .......... try the procedure below.
View attachment 197944

If you need an Electrical Schematic I have one. Click on my username and Start a Conversation - Send me your email address.
Nige thank you for your help and the info!

Sturgill

Occupation
Owner/operator
I haven’t had to time to get it home to fix it, been busy trying to catchup on my jobs. It hasn’t messed up in the last week or so. Rainy weather here in Kentucky has me behind schedule.