• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cat D5H xl series 2 slow blade lift

catman13

Occupation
refrigeration engineer/excavation contractor
I have a d5h xl with a 6 way blade( serial # 8rj04559 ) the blade is getting real slow to lift, I adjusted the linkage did not help , the ripper / angle / tilt seem work fine , found that when I lift and tilt at the same time it seems to work a lot better but hard to grade doing this .
I was wondering where should I start looking, and where do I attach a gauge to check pressure, any help would be

thanks

sled dog

Catman, don't know if it will help but worked on one of those a decade ago, same problem. Gauges in lift lines would fall, then rise when you hit end of stroke. Unhooked one cylinder at a time from blade and capped its hoses. One worked fine with full pressure, one had blowed piston seals and blade wouldn't lift and had low, low pressure. Bypassing internally.

dozr

Occupation
excaving
there is a resolver valve in lift control valve, part no. 4t4525 on page 7 here there is a thead about hot hyds and alaskaforby4 put a control valve brake down on it. my 5h has done same thing, you could get to it easy if there was not a flat plate behind valve, but because of it you have to brake it a part next to last section toward center. that was just like mine acted. my serial is 3md442.

dozr

Occupation
excaving
forgot to say there is a clear o ring on it you will find that blew.