• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cat D4H overheating the converter transmission

Crisanta

Hello Nigel see the picture maybe a little more clear..

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-04-26-18-23-51.png
    Screenshot_2021-04-26-18-23-51.png
    721.1 KB · Views: 27

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
They used to have two sets of level marks. One side was with engine running oil warm and the other side was engine stopped oil cold. Sometime in the nineties they stopped doing that on many if not most machines and only had the cold markings.

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
They used to have two sets of level marks. One side was with engine running oil warm and the other side was engine stopped oil cold. Sometime in the nineties they stopped doing that on many if not most machines and only had the cold markings.
For a transmission where the level is supposed to be checked with the engine idling & warm wouldn't is make sense to have the markings for "Engine Idling: Oil Warm" if there was only going to be one set.?

John, can you think of any reason why the Add mark should be above the Full mark.? That's what I can't get my head around.

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
The markings look a little suspect to me. It's like someone used an engraver to make those marks.

I've been seeing the smaller machines with dipsticks that only have one marking and it was checked engine stopped, oil cold for awhile now.