1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

CAT D4G Starts but does not move

Discussion in 'Dozers' started by JuanSpringCat, Feb 4, 2020.

Tags:
  1. JuanSpringCat

JuanSpringCat New Member

The engine starts and blade moves, but park brake light is ON, it does not release. Can someone please share the electrical schematics of D4G (cat00d4gJ FDC00364). It does not move forward nor backward.

2. Tyler d4c

Tyler d4c Senior Member

If it's a hystat and quit all at once the plastic pump driver plate most likely failed

DMiller likes this.
  3. JuanSpringCat

JuanSpringCat New Member

how do I know?

4. JuanSpringCat

JuanSpringCat New Member

Can someone please share the electrical schematics of D4G (cat00d4gJ FDC00364). It does not move forward nor backward.

5. JuanSpringCat

JuanSpringCat New Member

The engine starts and blade moves, but park brake light is ON, it does not release.

6. Tyler d4c

Tyler d4c Senior Member

Need to see if the pump is turning at all I'm not sure where to see it at all I'll do some research

7. Mobiltech

Mobiltech Senior Member

Self employed Heavy duty mechanic
    On a d5 i think you lose blade lift too when the coupler fails. Not sure if the d4 is the same.

8. partsandservice

partsandservice Senior Member

The hydraulic pump for blade is on the engine accessory drive. Blade functions will operate with striped drive plate. Park break light stays on because there is no brake pressure , because the drive pumps are not turning. Remove or slide forward the engine rather than drive pumps to avoid contaminating the drive system. That method has been mentioned on the HEF before and I use it as well.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2020
    DMiller likes this.
  9. Tyler d4c

Tyler d4c Senior Member

You should still have the blade working as the pump is ran off the timing gears on the engine

DMiller likes this.
  10. Ronsii

Ronsii Senior Member

s/e Heavy equipment operator
  11. Mbar

Mbar Well-Known Member

Just dealt with This. Open door on right side of machine and check pressure on taps 3 and 4. Should see around 350 psi. That is front and rear charge pressure. If not charge pressure it’s the coupler. Like said above implement pump runs off from cover. Pull the cover and boot off the drive joystick. Had one rub the wires into and gave exact symptoms of a bad coupler. Make sure you have good working gauges when checking for pressure or it can Lead you down a bad path.

DMiller and Ronsii like this.
  12. Nige

Nige Senior Member

See post #11 above and follow it to the letter.
    I PM'd you the appropriate electrical schematic.

DMiller likes this.
  13. Tyler d4c

Tyler d4c Senior Member

Small side note you may have to hook up the test lines on this 5g I have apart some are disconnected and capped so make sure there hooked up

DMiller likes this.
  14. Nige

Nige Senior Member

+1. Why disconnect a leaking test line when you could probably fix it just as easily.?

DMiller likes this.
  15. RTSmith

RTSmith Senior Member

Amateur demolition & dirt pusher
    I have also seen this same set of symptoms when a rat or squirrel chewed through some of my wiring harness......

16. Tyler d4c

Tyler d4c Senior Member

No clue that's how it was when it showed up here