• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

CAT D3C LGP undercarriage plate questions.

lake side bob

Occupation
owner operator
Looking at the drawing items #11 & #16 are plates between the track chain and frame assembly.
These are very expensive from CAT dealer for a replacement of all 8 plates my costs are $894.00.
A new idler assembly from CAT dealer for the 312 excavator was $543.00.
On my D3 the bottom of the plates are even with the bottom of the frame mounting bracket for the plates. lots of metal between the mounting bracket and the track chain.
Question is on new plates do they extend below the mounting bracket of the frame assembly?
Or are they only for spacing the track chain away from the track frame and to keep in line as the chain travels into towards the idler in reverse or the sprocket as when traveling forward.
I do not operate the old machine much say 50 hours a year wondering if I could get by with out spending the $894.00.
Noticed it when cleaning the tracks to park the dozer for the winter.

Attachments

• D#C LGP undercarriage 001.jpg
    D#C LGP undercarriage 001.jpg
    377.3 KB · Views: 26

JD955SC

Ask your cat dealer if they have a Yellowmark/Cat Classic alternative for those plates. I’ve installed them for some machines just don’t go crazy with the impact.