• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cat D3B drive question

Digwizz

What is causing the right side drive on my D3B to stall under a lighter load than the left side. I'm hoping it's just an adjustment, but
I'll have to live with whatever you guys can tell me.

Thanks

LonestarCobra

It has been a long while since I was into a D3B, but best I remember it has dry steering clutches. The release bearing on each clutch tends to get to where it does not move in and out very well. When this happens, the steering clutch may be partially disengaged, causing the steering clutch to slip. The discs and plates in the clutch may be worn out causing it to slip under load also. Usually on these machines that release bearing which is a ball bearing that only can be installed one way due to the thrust, shells out causing the steering clutch to stay engaged when trying to turn, and then the brake stalls the whole machine to a stop or close to it. Maybe this can help you out. Good luck. :Banghead

Greg

Occupation
Excavating Contractor
In other words, get your manual and take it apart.