1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

Cat D3 Dozer with Deutz diesel engine

Discussion in 'Dozers' started by J Downey, Feb 4, 2015.

1. J Downey

J Downey Member

We sell dozers from time to time but it is not exactly our forte. We obtained this as part of an equipment deal involving mostly Scooptrams and Underground Trucks
    They replaced the original engine with the Deutz for cleaner burning in the underground mine.

What are you thoughts on a unit like this?

The link is below

Cheers

Cat D3 with Deutz Engine

2. Bob/Ont

Bob/Ont Senior Member

Sell it FAR FAR away from home.
    Later Bob

3. Dickjr.

Dickjr. Senior Member

One thing comes to mind , if it has a transmission cooler how does it move air across the cooler? The Deutz engine is one tough motor. I'd like to see more pics up close . Its pretty cool really , but I'd hate to buy it and try to use it.

4. bigsmoke

bigsmoke Active Member

Heavy equipment mechanic
    That girl's been for sale for a coon's age. Interesting proposition, but I'd run faaaar away

5. tctractors

tctractors Senior Member

In Europe this tractor would sell very well, CAT had Deutz engines in some of its early excavators with the engine being a well known and super strong runner, the engine has an E/Oil cooler and can be fitted with a Trans /Hydo cooler air blown via the fan, this modification would probably be seen as an improvement to the dozer if it has been done to a high standard.

tctractors

6. johan7

johan7 Active Member

I remember the application of Deutz engines in equipment that was used for the construction of the Channel tunnel from France to the UK . Reason for this was the better and clean burning . It was the precombustion chambers that were burning better , although fuel consumption was higher , but in tunnelling clean air is more important .
    The Netherlands , johan7

7. Karl Robbers

Karl Robbers Well-Known Member

The best home for that dozer would be in another underground application. Few above ground operators would be interested and even fewer would want to pay anywhere near its value, but an underground operator would realise its true value.
    Having said that, all our CAT underground gear ran CAT motors, C15's, C18's and C27's.