• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cat cb24b ecm

rsheets

The engine ecm has failed on a cb 24 b roller I am working on. Cat can't find one anywhere. Does anyone know of a company that might be able to repair this one or maybe have an aftermarket one for sale.

rsheets

i followed all the diagnostic procedures, twice. double checked the harnesses and all the connectors. then had Cat field service come out and check it again. They confirmed what i thought and said the ecm is not responding.

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
the part number is 439-0291 . thanks for looking
439-0291 was replaced in 2014, first by 444-7918 and finally to the latest number 478-1711. I assume the last number was the one the dealer was trying to source for you.
Unfortunately this module is only used on a couple of C1.5/C2.2 industrial engines and small compactor engines like yours, that's why it is apparently so rare. I can't see one anywhere.

rsheets

439-0291 was replaced in 2014, first by 444-7918 and finally to the latest number 478-1711. I assume the last number was the one the dealer was trying to source for you.
Unfortunately this module is only used on a couple of C1.5/C2.2 industrial engines and small compactor engines like yours, that's why it is apparently so rare. I can't see one anywhere.
Thanks for looking, I guess its just gonna be a wait until they find one.