1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

Cat C9 injectors ticking on ignition on

Discussion in 'General Industry Questions' started by nickym007, Feb 25, 2015.

1. nickym007

nickym007 Member

Any help appreciated, I'm just done a Cat C9, initially Finning attended the machine as it was 250 mile away. They first diagnosed 2 injectors was failing thus causing the mis-fire, they attended a couple days later to fit the injectors, when they took the rocker cover off they found the valve bridge was off laid in the cover, they continued to fit the two injectors although the bridge was off due to the failure of the cam follower & camshaft on that cylinder. The machine was brought back home. I done the new camshaft, followers, and head. The engine sounds and runs ok, but there is clicking from the injectors when you turn the ign key on? I have heard them clicking before, and I work on a few Cat C9's, I didn't run the machine before I stripped it, and ideas?

2. nickym007

nickym007 Member

Have not heard them ticking before

3. Per Eriksson

Per Eriksson Senior Member

The ecm clicks them as a test at power up, perfectly normal.

4. nickym007

nickym007 Member

Thanks for that, machine running fine, just never heard them before, Here in the UK the dealer wont sell the CAT ET software, any idea where I can purchase it and the CAN Adapter?

5. pajibson

pajibson Senior Member

6. Per Eriksson

Per Eriksson Senior Member

A "friend" of mine bought a commadapter and et software kit on www.aliexpress.com and also tried it on a few different machines as new as 2014 and it worked exactly as the genuine product, could perform anything that didn't need factory password.
    Was something like 200 Usd

7. MJHeavy

MJHeavy Banned

Technican
    If you have a CAT comm adapter 3 I can help you get ET.