1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

Cat brand oil

Discussion in 'Lubrication' started by nowing75, Jan 11, 2017.

1. nowing75

nowing75 Senior Member

I have been using the cat brand 15 W 40 in our equipment but recently the supplier has changed in the company I currently get it from will not be able to supply me anymore. how many guys use the cat oil I have not priced it lately but told difference is pretty substantial and I found out several other companies have quit using it and started using National brand.thanks for the info

Jason

2. Landclearer

Landclearer Senior Member

We use Mobil Delvac. I believe Mobil makes Cat oil.

3. nowing75

nowing75 Senior Member

Yes that's what I understand also.

4. RBMcCloskey

RBMcCloskey Senior Member

Heavy Construction Contractor
    I suggest D-A Lubricants, I have used it for 40 years with NO problems and very completive pricing.

http://www.dalube.com/index.html

D-A Lubricant Company, Inc., 801 Edwards Drive, Lebanon, IN 46052
    Phone: 317-923-5321 • Fax: 765-482-3065

Last edited: Jan 14, 2017
  5. Brodiesel

Brodiesel Senior Member

My wife makes all the $$$.
    Good to know, theres a DA dealer next to my shop and I have always been curious.

6. RBMcCloskey

RBMcCloskey Senior Member

Heavy Construction Contractor
    EXCELLENT products and their service department is top shelf.

7. John C.

John C. Senior Member

Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
    I think Cat got out of the oil business a few years ago. Really didn't make sense to me that they ever got into it in the first place.

8. nowing75

nowing75 Senior Member

Da is aboug 2 minutes away from our shop. I get some stuff from them. Looks like most people are not using cat oil.

9. blitz138

blitz138 Senior Member

Cat did not get out of the oil business. They certainly have a partnership with Mobil. DA is decent from what I've seen